Experimenting with new grind

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marko Tsourkan

Founding Member
Reaction score
This grind should improve food release

DSC_0399.jpg

Test cut tomato, onion, carrot and potato. Food release on all was very good.

M

I would need to see a picture of your "old" grind next to it to understand what you changed, but it looks good.

I would need to see a picture of your "old" grind next to it to understand what you changed, but it looks good.

The difference in blades' cross-section wont' be very visible in a picture, however, the difference in cutting is that a blade with the new grind doesn't fall through food as easily, but separates food cleanly.
M

It still looks plenty thin enough to fall through food without much resistance, so if the food release is appreciably better, it seems like a good tradeoff to me.

I don't make any videos, so it will have to come from folks who will try the knives with a new grind. I will continue doing both.

M

Looks Good............Getting great food release and the blade falling through food is a difficult task.

I couldn't make heads or tails about that photo?

Ah, couldn't see until I enlarged it.

Looks Good............Getting great food release and the blade falling through food is a difficult task.

I seem to be making some progress here - incorporating both features in a single grind. More to follow.

M

Back