225 western handled gyuto for sale

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DevinT

Reaction score
san-mai spicy white core with 410 ss clad

Bocote handle and mokume gaurd

Price is $725.00 shipped conus.

Hoss

005.jpg

006.jpg

007.JPG

008.JPG

Wow, Devin! That's my favourite knive I've seen of yours. Very cool ideas put together to create something special. Beautiful job!

I really like handle design and 225mm is the perfect size for me - I must resist...

Sold

Thanks everyone.

Love and respect

Hoss

Yes, but will food taste as good and sleep come as easily? ;)

Congrats on a very nice score 99 (and to Devin on another quick sale).

Quick? It took almost two hours!
Congrats to both parties.

Yes, but will food taste as good and sleep come as easily? ;)

Congrats on a very nice score 99 (and to Devin on another quick sale).

why do you think I waited 2 hrs to reply. I was debating it the whole time.:evilgrin:

I couldn't believe someone else hadn't snatched this up earlier myself. I started hunting for a new knife last Friday and found three that I really liked. Each time I went to make the purchase, I backed out at the last moment, thinking maybe I'd find something else. I can't believe how things work out. Timing is perfect too, my wife is out of town until next Monday.

Glad you took it 99, or I would have "borrowed" money from my savings if it were up there any longer.

It was a cool thing to do. The handle really looks like a piece of a stick from a distance, yet in the close-ups you can see how well-finished it is. And it has such nice curves I had to surpress a desire to ask it to go to dinner with me :O

Damn! I saw this minutes after it was sold. I'm bumed I missed it, but glad that it found a good home.
Stunning work though Devin (as usual) I really like the handle shape and orientation to the blade and the simple yet classy trament of bolster and full tang.
-What i would call pretty/beautiful vs hot.

I'm always impressed with your work Devin and I'd like to say that it's great to see a US maker doing this type of laminated blade so well. You deserve a :doublethumbsup:

Took delivery of the knife this evening. I want to thank everyone who wanted to buy it, but didn't, so that I could have the opportunity to try one of Devin's little one-off projects. Will try to put together a review this weekend. Thanks Devin for making cool steel that can be turned into cool knives.

Back