Quantcast
Pride. If you don't have kids, you probably wouldn't understand. - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pride. If you don't have kids, you probably wouldn't understand.

What? You wanna see a little claw hand? I can probably arrange for that, lol.

Yup, right there with you, my 4 year old still has difficulty doing it, but darned if he does not point it out when you are not.

Now I just need to get him to remind everyone to wipe the knife after use, and dry well before going back in the block.

Very cool!
    My kids are going in a similar path. The mother does not always appreciate the comments though....

That's awesome! My little nephew told my brother, his wife and my parents that he is going to be a hunter, like me. But then he says he doesn't eat "Aminals" as he reaches for another piece of bacon We didn't have the heart to tell him that bacon was an "aminal".

Charlotte, NC AKA The Queen City! The lint-filled belly button of the south.
    To reference another thread: I was cutting some veg the other day and my 4 year old daughter says "chawp chawp chawp, chawp chawp chawp! Daddy, you are the best chawper! When can I chawp?" (see the love vitamin to understand) We live in the south, neither me nor my yankee wife have southern accents, but my daughter talks like a redneck. I don't know if she's been watching you tube when I'm not around. If she tries to grow dreadlocks, I will know.

Very nice tk. I completely understand, and I would be bragging too. But the line between being proud of your child and ashamed of your wife is thin here Just kidding.

Some of my proud moments were:

First sentence she spoke: "Daddy wash wine glass."
    Surprising knowledge she threw back at me: "This fruit turned brown because the knife was dull."

Then there was the time she wanted to sharpen with me and we stayed out in the garage until after midnight messing up a Wusthof parer.

k.
    "In Japan they don't call it Japanese food, they just call it food." -- Children's Hospital Quote

Hahahaha!!! That is awesome! My son smacks onions with a drumstick, i asked him what he was doing, he said" Move daddy, i am making dinner!"

Yeah, but then they take their knife skills and decide to become a surgeon and you have to keep working so you can help with medical school and then you can't afford any more knives and your grandchidren will never learn to claw. Did you ever think of that? Huh...huh... Did you?
    Everywhere you go, there you are.

I have four kids. Little knowledge sponges. Great stuff!