Quantcast
Cast Iron Cookware - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 222

Thread: Cast Iron Cookware

  1. #21
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Honolulu, HI
    Posts
    966
    staub enamel cast iron has pretty good food release. The olvida stuff seema to defeat the purpose of a cast iron skillet

  2. #22

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Top of Georgia
    Posts
    1,218
    My understanding is the nickel has great non-stick properties.

    - AJ

  3. #23
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Honolulu, HI
    Posts
    966
    Not according to cooks illustrated who reviewed the olvida skillet. Also at that price, $98 reviewed, I'd rather have an all-clad skillet

  4. #24

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Top of Georgia
    Posts
    1,218
    Good to know! Still want to try it though. It has an intangible coolness factor for me.

    -AJ

  5. #25
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Honolulu, HI
    Posts
    966
    It is pretty unique. I would like to try the gumbo pot.

  6. #26
    Senior Member Shinob1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    284
    Quote Originally Posted by obtuse View Post
    Not according to cooks illustrated who reviewed the olvida skillet. Also at that price, $98 reviewed, I'd rather have an all-clad skillet
    I checked Amazon and it has mostly good reviews. Do you have a link to the cools illustrated review?

  7. #27
    Senior Member Chifunda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    295
    Quote Originally Posted by Deckhand View Post
    Next on my list I want to add a falk copper pan for sauces.
    I use the Falk "Try Me" 1 1/2 qt. sauciere for sauces and absolutely love it! I cook primarily for my wife and myself now, so it's big enough for the two of us. Falk sells it at a somewhat reduced price compared to the rest of their line. Highly recommended.


  8. #28
    Senior Member Deckhand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Costa Mesa California
    Posts
    1,738
    Quote Originally Posted by Chifunda View Post
    I use the Falk "Try Me" 1 1/2 qt. sauciere for sauces and absolutely love it! I cook primarily for my wife and myself now, so it's big enough for the two of us. Falk sells it at a somewhat reduced price compared to the rest of their line. Highly recommended.

    Glad to hear you like it. The deal on that one caught my eye as well. Did you buy it with the lid or without?

  9. #29
    Senior Member Chifunda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    295
    Quote Originally Posted by Deckhand View Post
    Glad to hear you like it. The deal on that one caught my eye as well. Did you buy it with the lid or without?
    As luck would have it, the lid from our three quart stainless saucepan fits the sauciere perfectly, so I didn't need to order the copper lid.

  10. #30
    Senior Member Deckhand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Costa Mesa California
    Posts
    1,738
    Quote Originally Posted by Chifunda View Post
    As luck would have it, the lid from our three quart stainless saucepan fits the sauciere perfectly, so I didn't need to order the copper lid.
    Was just back on their site eyeing it. Guess I better just buy it with the lid. It was already on my short list. Glad you like yours.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts