• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

270mm Misono Dragon Redux

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vertigo

Slightly Less Hooligan
KKF Supporting Member
Reaction score
Alright, it's finally time to part ways with the Dragon (again, this time for real).

This is a 270mm Misono Carbon Steel Gyuto, which I've used in a professional setting for over a year now. It has lost around 5mm from it's height at the heel from frequent sharpening, though it was both thinned and flattened by Jon at JKI making it much less chunky behind the edge and more like a gyuto-sujihiki hybrid. The handle was made by Adam Marr using Redwood from Burl Source. As it's an extremely well used knife, there's some incidental scratching and scuffing on the blade, though in all fairness it's looking pretty damn good given all the action it's seen. Currently upkeeping it with a 2k ceramic rod, so you'll most likely want to sharpen it.

Given it's current retail price, and the work that's gone into it (including the amazing handle), I'm looking for $175 PayPal shipped CONUS.

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

More pics on request.

Say it ain't so!
You were always my Misono Dragon loving brother! I can honestly say mine will never be sold. This is a sad day....

Dam I just bought 200$ worth of sharpening gear yesterday. This is a steal. I wish you would have posted yesterday. Oh well. I have been curious about these knives for a while.

Damn, ha ha. Where's my gold toting leprechaun when I need 'em..

Someone got an amazing deal, the rehandle alone is worth that $

Back