Quantcast
Number 11 - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Number 11

The oldest sushi chef at my restaurant retired a few weeks ago.

He would buy new Suisin Hayate 270's every few years when his wife didn't complain too much.

I now have his old ones ground down to 240, and another all the way to 210. Lucky for me I only paid old Kazu 50$ each.

I'm still learning about sharpening...but once the money is taken out of the equation...I just have a well made, straight, flat blade...and I guess its better to learn on that.. then one with flaws that make sharpening confusing to a new guy like me.

That sure is one beautiful blade. I want one so bad, i just feel i would not do one justice, as i would not use it to break down whole fish Filet's, yes, Probably sushi. But i will someday own one...and hopefully it is half that nice!

just get the 300 mm option.

I was cutting fillets with one[number 27 or so] and it easily will do the job of 300 yanagi, but it is 3x as expensive as workhorse.

It seems like its similar knife just smaller, but its no truth. It feels completely different, blade is way lighter and just feels right to do jobs like slicing down fillets.

I would find a way to slice off my arm with that thing! If I were a fish, that is what I would want to b cut up with

I have a 300 Suisin Shiro-Hayate that made short work of a homemade pastrami this past weekend.

Mine has #03 on it, is the numbering system the order he makes the knives or something eles?

Somewhat OT but it could be interesting to compile a list of Doi birthday knives from a couple years ago. There were 20 of them, 10 western handle, 10 wa, 10 blue, 10 white....
    Everywhere you go, there you are.

Hey, that would look nice beside my 330 Doi Hayate Yanagiba, it's #16. The blades on these knives are immaculate, my back stamp isn't as clean as yours though. Glad to see another happy Doi owner.

You wanna show some photos?

I mentioned before I lost the pin, so I made one instead.

Guess thats my kodawari. Details arent unimportant things