Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Martell 300mm Sujihiki with Stefan Keller Wa Handle - SALE!

Martell 300mm Sujihiki with Stefan Keller Wa Handle - SALE!

This is a 2nd quality SALE!

This knife has been in the works for sometime now at about 3/4 done. I just decided to throw a Stefan handle on it and finish it up.

The ferrule has a slight check on the bottom side that is more of a visual issue than it is performance issue at all. I show this check in one of the pictures blown up that makes it appear much worse than it is in real life. To the touch I care barely feel it with a fingernail. This handle has been filled in with T-88 structural epoxy and will not give way so please don't be discouraged by this if you are interested in the knife.

Also worth noting is that this is a fairly thin ground knife. The first 1/3 (from tip in) is thinner than I usually grind and even though the blade in convex I'd call this one a laser. It will indeed handle delicate slicing tasks. I actually envision this knife as a decent substitute for someone who does the sashimi thing and doesn't want to get involved with a yanagi.

Please see Dave Martell 300mm Sujihiki with Stefan Keller Wa Handle for details.

Thanks,
    Dave

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1010016.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	38.1 KB 
ID:	5658   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1010015.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	74.5 KB 
ID:	5654  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1010013.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	109.3 KB 
ID:	5655   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1010010.jpg 
Views:	118 
Size:	98.7 KB 
ID:	5656  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1010022.jpg 
Views:	295 
Size:	77.8 KB 
ID:	5657  

PS - Just because it's a 2nd doesn't mean that I won;t back this knife up like any other because I will. I only mention the issues for full disclosure and to offer a discount.
    Last edited by Dave Martell; 03-29-2012 at 08:25 PM.

Dude. Someone is getting a cool price break.

that is the first suji that looks as good to me as this. add that to the list of things i could afford if i weren't paying for a wedding.

I got to thinking about this and decided that a price correction was in order...

$399

Trust me folks - this is a killer deal!!!!

Do you have any spine shots? How thin is it exactly??

Quote Originally Posted by Iceman91 View Post
    Do you have any spine shots? How thin is it exactly??

I tried to shoot the spine but I couldn't get a focused shot - it was a very frustrating endeavor.

Here's the measurements at the spine starting at the handle, then middle, then the tip (before the drop)....
    2.0mm - 1.5mm - 0.6mm

I really hate saying no to a good deal......

Quote Originally Posted by Iceman91 View Post
    I really hate saying no to a good deal......
    Why say "no" when it feels so good to say "yes"?

I had a question about ordering another one of these knives with a wa (made to custom spec) handle and how long this would take to get done. My answer is I don't know....I have 15 knives on order plus at least 2 dozen rehandles on deck right now here in the building waiting and more on the way, plus Stefan re-handles, then there's my normal sharpening business, and then there's getting Stefan to make the wa handle for us.

To be realistic, I'd say that if you're interested in a wa suji from me this is the only one that I can provide for quite awhile and it's already built, sharpened, and ready to go. Wink wink