Quantcast
Martell 300mm Sujihiki with Stefan Keller Wa Handle - SALE! - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Martell 300mm Sujihiki with Stefan Keller Wa Handle - SALE!

wyoming, closer to nowhere than somewhere.
    I think many people are just scared of the 300mm. I can't believe this is still here.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Martell View Post
    I had a question about ordering another one of these knives with a wa (made to custom spec) handle and how long this would take to get done. My answer is I don't know....I have 15 knives on order plus at least 2 dozen rehandles on deck right now here in the building waiting and more on the way, plus Stefan re-handles, then there's my normal sharpening business, and then there's getting Stefan to make the wa handle for us.

To be realistic, I'd say that if you're interested in a wa suji from me this is the only one that I can provide for quite awhile and it's already built, sharpened, and ready to go. Wink wink

There will be some more handles like the one on this knife coming Dave's way, and maybe a few extras that could be a good fit for this knife. As for more custom handles, I cannot commit to anything beyond the ones on my list right now until I find out what will happen in my day job. If I ge a job in Hawaii, I may have time in the summer for handle work, if I move somewhere else, I have no idea whether I will be able to continue at all or how long it will take me to set up again.

Stefan

OK this pains me to do....truly it does...,,,,,,final reduction in price - $375

http://www.japaneseknifesharpeningst...300sujiwa1.htm

Looks like a steel steal to me.

Stefan

I tried out a somewhat thicker western 300 mm Dave suji a while back. It was somewhat beastly feeling but a pretty nice knife, nonetheless. I would imagine this one is even nicer-cutting since it's quite thin and I didn't think 300 mm was too long unless you have narrow counters against a wall or something. There's good heel-to-spine height, too for boardwork, in a pinch.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Martell View Post
    This one is SOLD! Thanks everyone
    WHEW ! !

Was damn near ready to obtain vocational training just to purchase this beauty and put it to it's designated use.

Great knife Dave and Stefan and a very big congrats to the new owner!

+ Reply to Thread