identify this knife please

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pumbaa

Reaction score
Can anyone identify the knife in the blue box?

that works. no idea what the blue one is. Were was this taken? I am so jealous.:Ooooh:
probly nothing to get excited over but I do anyway.

All I can see is that it is, indeed a knife, lol. You wanna blow that pic up like 10-20X?

It was shot quickly on my phone, so I cant really blow it up. I will see if I can snag another photo soon. It is at a local asian restaurant supply place. They have some Togiharu, Tojiro, and other brands I have never heard of along with Dexter Russel and Forschner.

Haha! that's so funny. I was there yesterday. That shopping center is scary, Kinda like the Mos Eisley cantina. The parking lot is so messed up, it's like driving on the surface of the moon.

There's a store in Charlotte that sells those knives? What store is that, if I may ask?

HAHA it is Dai Song at the corner of N. Tryon and Sugar Creek come prepare in a 4x4 for the parking lot and a weapon for the hood ass people.

Ah, the joys of concealed carry. Strange there's three Charlotteans here.

Ah, the joys of concealed carry. Strange there's three Charlotteans here.

Do you work in the industry in Charlotte or are you just a home cook? Also on the other forums there is a pretty good sharpener, acutally damn good that lives in Huntersville. Knyfe and I both work in the industry here in Charlotte.

HAHA it is Dai Song at the corner of N. Tryon and Sugar Creek come prepare in a 4x4 for the parking lot and a weapon for the hood ass people.

Yeah, that's a pretty rough area. At one time I worked at CMC downtown. I can't count on two hands the number of people I patched up that came from there and some of those neighborhoods on Wilkinson. The funny thing is...I moved to Memphis, which makes those neighborhoods look like day care centers for wannabe thugs. Hahaha

A mere home cook. Yeah, I read that there is a good sharpener in Huntersville, contracts with **************, I think. Also an alright one in Blakeney.

Regarding the rough areas. Remember last year, with the riots after Speedstreet? Can't wait till the DNC. It'll be just like that, but with anarchists. Fun times.

P.S. - Is it just me, or do people here dislike **************, and swear by japaneseknifeimports?
P.P.S. - Huh. Judging by the censoring, I guess I was right. Did ******** bite a babies ear off, or something?
P.P.P.S. - Wow. His name, too? Must have taken a piece of thigh, as well.

P.S. - Is it just me, or do people here dislike **************, and swear by japaneseknifeimports?
P.P.S. - Huh. Judging by the censoring, I guess I was right. Did ******** bite a babies ear off, or something?

LMAO!!! :laugh:

-AJ

A mere home cook. Yeah, I read that there is a good sharpener in Huntersville, contracts with **************, I think. Also an alright one in Blakeney.

Regarding the rough areas. Remember last year, with the riots after Speedstreet? Can't wait till the DNC. It'll be just like that, but with anarchists. Fun times.

JKI is awesome because of John, his wife and their true love and dedication to all things Japanese, especially knives. His sharpening vids are great and I hope to be sending some $$$ his or somebody else on this forums' way soon.
If you want to pontificate as to the rest, you should probably do that in the form of a PM. It's probably not that important and I'm sure Dave has much better things to worry about.
As far as local sharpeners go.....I dunno. Haven't met anybody in town that doesn't grind the bejesus out of a blade. Not saying they don't exist. I live out by Blakeney and don't know of anyone. I sharpen myself anyway. But would love to geek out with anybody that shares my sick addiction.
thx,knerd

@ Knyfenerd - guy runs a business called A Finer Edge. Nice guy, taught me a lot about sharpening a few years back. Mostly uses edgepro, but also does freehand. Not up the the level of detail as the other guy, I am sure. But a nice guy, and I like to support local business.

@DeepCSweede - Oh. I had no idea. I feel sorry I bought a knife from that guy now. I actually liked him. Passing off others work as your own, that's despicable.

pink it is crazy the crap that happened. anyways he is all freehand in huntersville, good guy. but anyways yeah it will be nuts for the dnc. cwright that area is right near hidden valley so you can only imagine.

I actually bought that knife for a cook, for the money its pretty good still looking good after 2 years of use

Back