Bold pattern damascus 240 gyuto

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PierreRodrigue

Reaction score
Call it a WIP! lol! So I forged this one with fewer layers, to check out the appearance of a bolder pattern damascus blade. Again, tis is a blade consisting of 1084 and 15N20. The sunlight is dazzling on this one. Let me know what you think of the coarseness of the pattern. I am still forging high layer count patterns, so this isn't a change, just a "lets see"

IMG_4172.jpgIMG_4171.jpg
IMG_4170.jpgIMG_4168.jpg

[video=youtube_share;cV3Wg5wr1rE]http://youtu.be/cV3Wg5wr1rE[/video]

I would have mistaken that for damasteel. I think it's nice! Does the 15N20 have characteristics that make it good enough for edge performance? It'd be a concern of mine in a knife with dammy this bold.

btw, love the 1 min mark. Your grinds are badass!

That looks really cool. I like a tight pattern, but that definitely brings another look. Nice job!
I'm with Eamon, your grinds are almost a signature feature.

:plus1::tongue4::party2:And sexy but we don't have a smiley for that one.

Thanks guys! Appreciate the kind comments!

Hey Randy, not ladder, more of a random, with some wave, and incidental ladderish lines from the drawing dies. This has no intended pattern.

Thanks guys! Appreciate the kind comments!

Hey Randy, not ladder, more of a random, with some wave, and incidental ladderish lines from the drawing dies. This has no intended pattern.

Pierre, It looks great. I personally like a bold pattern. But I also like some very tight detailed patterns. I just love damascus!! So im no help here! lol :)

Back