Leave 'em out or put 'em away when not in use

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

racineboxer

Reaction score
Just curious if you guys put away your board after use (i.e. cabinet/drawer) or if it owns a permanent location on your counter top.

Let's hear it folks - what do you do?

Mine, shown at left, stays out on counter but leans on wall when not in use. :)

Getting mine Monday and it has a permanent spot waiting for it, and will be out 24/7 in fact wouldn't fit anywhere else.

out. I have no space in cub bard, and very little counter space. So it just becomes a part of the counter.

I leave my boards out, but on their sides and leaning against the wall. I don't have the counter space to leave them out flat :)

I have, and always will, leave my board out. Especially since I've got a new one coming in the mail!

Out on the island. Our new place has a perfect spot for it, fits the dimensions like a miracle.

mine stay out on the counter. nowhere else to put them. they get used enough that it would be a hassle putting them away and getting them back out all the time.

Mine stays out, and is much more convenient located beside the sink with the garbage disposal. It has become the countertop there.

My board smith needs to be out and about due to the beauty of its' craftsmanship.

Mine are always on the kitchen counter and one is on the table in the living-room on display! :cool2:

It's too nice to hide away. The real question is how many people actually cut on this awesome piece of craftsmanship?

It's fine furniture, why would you put it away?

I use two boardsmith magnums to make my ugly counters not so ugly.

I have two that stay out all the time, a 12 x 18 which lives by the stove and a 16 x 20 which lives by the sink. The 16 x 20 mostly is used by my wife as a stand for a wooden fruit bowl she covets.

Mine(a Carolina Slab) stays out on the counter.It's like a nice piece of furniture that I use all the time.

Leave the smaller mahogany out, mostly use for bread or fruit. The larger maple prep boards are put away. Trying to be as clean and tidy as possible in the kitchen.

both of my boards have permanent locations on my counter.

Back