Quantcast
Organic foods?
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Organic foods?

Organic foods?

Do you guys buy organic? I have a love hate relationship with it. It taste good but my wallet hates it.

Sometimes I do and sometimes I do not, I was wondering if you guys had opinions on it.

wyoming, closer to nowhere than somewhere.
    I am more afraid of gmo's than i am worried about organic. I buy it when my wallet will allow.

I buy as local as possible. Most locavore farmers/ranchers/growers do organic or better. I'll pay a premium to get food from someone I have a chance of meeting at a gas station before I pay a premium for a government regulatory stamp.

I do try to buy organic as much as possible, but more importantly, I try to buy local. If they are available in your community, look for a food coop in your city. Often times, after joining, the produce will be cheaper than you can buy in a grocery store, and you'll get a lot more input on what's doing well, as well as being able to talk to the people that grow your food.
    Taylor

When I could afford it I did. Now just buy organic milk. Buying local is only an option in the summer. I do some but it is very inconvenient.

-AJ

for certain fruits and veggies i try to eat organic as much as possible, as i know them to be more tainted with unwanted junk. Such as Apples, Grapes, Celery, berries . Milk and eggs i also buy natural and organic where applicable

check this image out, a friend recently sent to me

I'm trying to cut back on my sodium though.

-AJ

It is also worth mentioning that there are some foods, the "dirty dozen" that are covered in pesticides and herbicides.

Check this out:
    http://www.organic.org/articles/showarticle/article-214

I used to handle a lot of herbicides, and sometimes at Kroger, I go to smell fruits to check for quality and I get smacked in the face with a recognizable fume. IME Strawberries, Chilean Grapes, and Apples are all the worst offenders for this.

The alleles created by mutation may be beneficial

Quote Originally Posted by Talal View Post
    for certain fruits and veggies i try to eat organic as much as possible, as i know them to be more tainted with unwanted junk. Such as Apples, Grapes, Celery, berries . Milk and eggs i also buy natural and organic where applicable

check this image out, a friend recently sent to me

Great graphic.

Most of the grocery stores I buy from here such as Kroger's and Whole Foods sell organic which I do buy. Food is the one thing I insist on being of great quality and don't skimp on.
    --
    Joe

+ Reply to Thread