Quantcast
Putting your name on something you don't make....?
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Putting your name on something you don't make....?

Putting your name on something you don't make....?

Most of you will know what I'm referring to and the fact is i like the site and the guy who runs it. However i disagree with how he is producing products under his name.

I feel like he's hasn't taking the time to learn how to make the products, and is just taking others people's hard work and skill and copying them in mass manufacturing and offering at a lower price. Sounds a lot like china to me but here in our own US.

Maybe I'm taking this to much to heart but it really irks me, i considered buying one at one point, i saw one a friend had, you can tell that it is machine cut, there isn't very much love in these productions at all. I think id rather spend the extra money from a company who actually puts pride into what they make.

What do you guys think about it??

Do you think Apple makes the iPhone?
    Do you think Levis, Lee and wrangler makes their jeans?

no but both of those are made extremely well..... i think i wouldn't care as much if there were not copies and made with pride

I would love it if everyone in the USA bought and used handmade pots in their kitchens and dining rooms -- I, and my friends here, would be considerably more fiscally "comfortable." But it isn't going to happen. When you think about it, almost every product we use is made in some type of factory, somewhere, and some of which have their names on the product. Even many of the Japanese knives we love so much are made in small factories -- forged in one place, ground in another, handled by someone else, sharpened elsewhere, and a business name etched on. If you don't like what any particular business does, don't support them. I think he is providing a service, and doing something we should all aspire to -- finding a need and filling it, AND having a good time doing it.
    Tom Gray, Seagrove, NC

Engorged Member
    There's a Kikuichi TKC for sale right now in the B/S/T, and no one at Kikuichi had anything to do with making that knife other than picking up the phone and ordering it. If you think something's a good deal, then buy it.

Henry Ford, anyone?

Happens all the time. A large part of what my father in laws tool company produces does not carry his Company's name because the big box stores want their name on it.

If a product is touted as handmade, and isn't I would have an issue with it. As long as you have been told the product you are buying is made in a factory, you know what to expect. If its being fronted as a handmade, then I would call BS, and go else where.

Feel free to visit my website, http://www.rodrigueknives.com
    Email pierre@rodrigueknives.com

Quote Originally Posted by PierreRodrigue View Post
    If a product is touted as handmade, and isn't I would have an issue with it. As long as you have been told the product you are buying is made in a factory, you know what to expect. If its being fronted as a handmade, then I would call BS, and go else where.
    good statement i agree.

It's called product licensing. No big deal. If I said I made it and I didn't sure, that's false advertising. If I say it's hand made or custom but I don't say by whom, nothing wrong in that. It's the buyers fault for jumping to the conclusion that I made it.

Honda makes engines for GM, never heard anyone complain.

-AJ

+ Reply to Thread