Quantcast
camera upgrade- t3i or 60d? - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: camera upgrade- t3i or 60d?

Well, then imagine you are your customer in JKI. You got a hobby and are trying to decide on a semi-rare upgrade if it is worth 14% extra to get a few performance-related features you don't really NEED, but want. Things you'd probably think about all the time if you got the "practical" choice.

I think you know what to do.

Sorry to spoil your idea,but I`d go with the t3i. Use the rest of the money for lenses or evenbetter a lensbaby if you dont have one

I'm sixty eight years old and have gone through a lot of expensive and frequently esoteric hobbies/obsessions. I can't remember ever being sorry that I went with the better (read more expensive) option when faced with a choice. I have regretted trying to economize.

I agree with Eamon...the practical choice is highly overrated.

Quote Originally Posted by RobinW View Post
    Sorry to spoil your idea,but I`d go with the t3i. Use the rest of the money for lenses or evenbetter a lensbaby if you dont have one
    You should definitely get a lensbaby if you are wanting to have some fun with a camera. Acquiring my lensbaby was the most refreshing photographic experience I can think of; I will have some knife pics shot with the lensbaby posted sometime soon.

I vote for switching to Nikon before you are too far invested in Canon stuff.

The 60d is a better camera than the t3i, I just don't know if it is better that much in ways that you would use it.

The image and video is pretty much the same with the t3i having a few extra video functions and the 60d having more range in shutter speed.

The advantages the 60d has is faster frame rate that helps with sports, better auto focus that also helps with sports, brighter viewfinder, longer battery life and a heavier frame with better grip and larger body.

For me personally, I would get the 60d if I did not already have a 5D Mk II. But I have some pretty big lenses, and the tiny body of the t3i would not work to well.

I don't know if you shoot any sports stuff or have large lenses, but for shooting knife videos and pictures I think both would do equally well.

focusing quickly in low light situations, faster shutter speed for some very brigt situations and fast action, and the better build quality are all considerations... switching to full frame or nikon would end up costing me over $2k... not quite where i want to be right now

What lenses do you already have and what type of photos you are wanting to take might help in recondmendetions. I have a lot of canon lenses so I am not even looking to switch to nikon, but honestly I have not heared of reason why to switch?

same boat but with sony for me i have a good little DSLR and wouldl love to upgreade but im bent on 2 or 3 bodies and not even sure i like where sony is takig there bodies (DSLT)
    it woudl be muhc different if my cam died and i needed one for work

Quote Originally Posted by sw2geeks View Post
    What lenses do you already have and what type of photos you are wanting to take might help in recondmendetions. I have a lot of canon lenses so I am not even looking to switch to nikon, but honestly I have not heared of reason why to switch?
    the camera does all of the product photos for the store, but thats the easy part (which i could really do with a much less expensive camera). Its also my camera for video and photos on our japan trips, which includes dark workshops, bright fires, fast motion, etc.- a wide variety of conditions. I also use the camera for some of the videos we make (again, not necessary to have a nice camera for that). The most important function of the camera is for me to have fun with it taking crazy photos in all kinds of situations. I have a 30mm 1.4, 60mm 2.8 macro, 18-55 kit lesns, 18-270mm tamron (on the way), and access to a 24-70 2.8 l, 24-105 f4 l, 70-200 L, 85 1.8, and 10-22. No nikon friends here in LA, so that is kind of limiting.

The main reasons i was thinking about switching to nikon if i had the money and it wasnt such a pain in the ass is that the d7000 has better low light performance and a larger sensor. But the canon has better detail in the normal range i shoot and a faster shutter speed, which i actually want and is a big part of my decision to go with the 60d. Sometimes 1/4000 just isnt fast enough.