Quantcast
camera upgrade- t3i or 60d? - Page 6
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: camera upgrade- t3i or 60d?

Quote Originally Posted by Salty dog View Post
    I have been eye balling the same set of camera's. Big price difs. I was just about to pull the trigger on a 60D at 699 then decided to buy a lens instead. I didn't know if the 60 would be that much of an improvement over my 50D. Although video almost sold me.

I've decided to wait until I can spring for a 50 MK II or III if I'm flush.

BTW, picked up the Canon 17-40mm wide angle/zoom in the L series. Same price as the 60D
    Nice pick on the lens Salty. last year i went for 24-70 2.8 L over upgrading my Canon 5D mark I.

It is always better to upgrade lens over bodies.

I suggest you wait for 6D to come out then 5D mark II prices will go even more down.

Once you go FF you can never go back

Just keep an eagle eye on the 5DII because once the 6D hits the street production will very likely end for the 5DII. It's a real bummer when instant rebates come out and there's zero inventory. The FF bodies are slightly larger but it's pretty nominal when you set them SxS. FF IQ is definately better but crop cameras offer a feature set that's hard to ignore.

60D 5.7 x 4.4 x 2.8 1.71#

5D MKII 6.0 x 4.6 x 3.0 2.1#

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by PierreRodrigue View Post
    I'm not looking so much as where to get them, but more to the point, what are the pros and cons. So with Canon, Nikon, and now Pentax, all in the intermediate level (not point and shoot, and not geting into pro stuff) Is tere any real gain or loss between them, which has the better sensors/processors, which do better in low light, better color faster shutter... I'm not all that well versed in the tech side of it all, so dumb it down for me please
    If you will use the auto setting then all of them will be equal. but lens options are more wide with Canon and Nikon.

Picking a used body will get you a better one for the same price.

At Potn forums i can see a Clean looking Canon 50d for 450$+ Tamron 17-50mm f/2.8 for 320$

for 770$ you get a killer set

I agree with Dave. on the size as i have not noticed any difference when upgrading to 5D from 40D.

But it depends on what kind of pictures you will take.

For studio, landscape and other wide pictures the FF will be best.
    But for sports, wildlife, etc Crop will be better

Quote Originally Posted by eaglerock View Post
    For studio, landscape and other wide pictures the FF will be best.
    But for sports, wildlife, etc Crop will be better
    Yup there it is in a nutshell. After that it's a series of compromises as to what's "best" for each shooter. #1 on the 17-50 Tammy for the 50D. I think I'd look for the older version and not the OS but it's hard to find fault with that combo.

Dave

The 5DMKII has been discontinued. Any one hoping to score a deal on a new one may want to check inventory now.
    Who you jivin' with that Cosmik Debris?

+ Reply to Thread