Quantcast
Anyone has experiance with the customer service from Koki?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone has experiance with the customer service from Koki?

Anyone has experiance with the customer service from Koki?

Hi, i just mailed Koki after my Fu-rin-ka-zan Nakiri decided to chip the **** up while sharpening. I've only had to strop it back to full performance but today i actually sharpened it.

When i did that, it just chipped the **** out, along the whole edge. Something i've NEVER seen before. I might add that the chips were long "spikes" and you could feel the grain in your hand, almost like sand.

I have never experienced anything like this but strongly suspects it to be a failed HT-job (I don't know what you say in the states, but we call it a "monday exemplar" when it's one or a few of all the things that is flawed)

HT-failures can happen to the very best, and from my understanding, white steel is much more prone to it, so i feel no blame.

I am mostly worried about the language-barrier and perhaps the shipping to japan. (Shipping here in Sweden is awfully expensive, but i would count it as one of the most reliable post-services in the world.)

I have never experienced anything like this, nor was i stressed when i did the job. It also continues in the same way when i tried to correct it. And i can't put an edge on it anymore.

I have had only exemplary service from him - but that is before, and during a purchase. He seems to be a great person to deal with but i just feel i want some confirmation so i know what to expect. I mean if he's used to clumsy customers and suspects everyone of ruining it or if he trusts his customers to know what they're doing.

// Daniel

Back in 2009 I had to return a sujihiki that arrived with a twisted blade. Koki was the perfect gentleman about it, and worked with me to resolve the situation. I would expect that he will do the same in your case and you should have no problems.

Do watch the verbiage you use, though, and try to keep the discussion about the problem with the knife, and not about placing blame for the problem.

Rick

Quote Originally Posted by Pensacola Tiger View Post
    Back in 2009 I had to return a sujihiki that arrived with a twisted blade. Koki was the perfect gentleman about it, and worked with me to resolve the situation. I would expect that he will do the same in your case and you should have no problems.

Do watch the verbiage you use, though, and try to keep the discussion about the problem with the knife, and not about placing blame for the problem.

Rick
    I place no blame at all, this is stuff that happends. This was all done by hand and nobody is perfect.

About the verbiage - do you mean because of the language barrier (that i've experienced before) or because of the stereotype about formality and respect?
    I don't know how true the stereotype is with Koki, and i spoke as usual, tried to be a bit extra clear due to the language-barrier.

Do you agree with my suspicions about HT or do you know about anything else that could have caused this? I didn't do any rough sharpening at all, just went to the finishers.

"Anyone has experience with the customer service from Koki?"

The guy has always been a very straight shooter with me...

Quote Originally Posted by add View Post
    "Anyone has experience with the customer service from Koki?"

The guy has always been a very straight shooter with me...
    Not that i ever worried, but this confirmation makes comfortable again.

Koki is great to deal with on all levels, you should have no problems.

I had a knife accidentally shipped to an old address. The knife was returned to Japan. Koki shipped the knife back to me for free despite my error even after I offered to cover the cost. Top notch customer service.

Senior Member AFKitchenknivesguy's Avatar
    I've never heard a bad comment about Koki in the 5 years since my illness started.
    Jason

Koki is great, if you want a custom knife, he will do his best to help you get what you want. So, obviously he is a man who takes his customer satisfaction very seriously.

I think this thread maybe premature? I totally understand OP's frustration + what it'll take to fix the issue but let's give Koki a chance to talk to OP first.