• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

more of my vintage blades

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sachem allison

Reaction score
Here are some vintage 10" american made carbon steel chef knives. They don't make them like this anymore. I would say these were made in the 60's. They look like they may have been made by the same maker. Dimensions, shape, rivet pattern are identical. The rosewood would have been an upgrade and the lanyard hole more utilitarian. These will take a hair popping edge. There is no makers mark
1. rosewood handle, 10" blade length 2 1/4" wide. triple brass rivets
2. mahogany handle, 10" blade length 2 1/4" wide triple brass rivets and a lanyard hole
$40 each

vintageknife3 007.jpg

vintageknife3 006.jpg

vintageknife3 005.jpg

vintageknife3 004.jpg

vintageknife3 003.jpg

vintage knives 009.jpg

vintage knives 008.jpg

vintage knives 007.jpg

vintage knives 005.jpg

vintage knives 004.jpg

vintage knives 003.jpg

I also have two vintage French blade blanks made of carbonsteel. The blades are 8 inches long by 2 inches wide, they originally came off of two chef knives that were very similar to nogent style only the handles were stubbier and fatter and a lot more rustic, more farmer style knives. they are from the sixties. I removed the handles years ago because they were completely rotted through. I was going to put antler handles on them as I had some really nice elk, but life got in the way and I forgot about them. $35 plus shipping. $5 shipping Conus

scimitar 029.jpg

scimitar 028.jpg

scimitar 023.jpg

scimitar 022.jpg

scimitar 021.jpg

scimitar 020.jpg

scimitar 019.jpg

up next is one of my favorite knives in the whole world. Another 1950's forgecraft hi-carbon 10" chef knife. I personally think it is one of the finest American made production chef knives. It can take and amazing edge and it will last many lifetimes if cared for properly. Cut an onion with it and it will turn purple black, the blade and possibly the onion. So, get a patina on it quick. The American Hickory handle is cracked. I remember my dad saying that the pin was sticking out, so he took a ball peen hammer and gave it a whack and split the handle, he was an incredibly strong man back in the day. This knife is so good even with the split handle the price stays the same $40 plus $7 shipping

scimitar 036.jpg

scimitar 035.jpg

scimitar 034.jpg

scimitar 033.jpg

scimitar 032.jpg

scimitar 031.jpg

scimitar 030.jpg

I will take the rosewood above (no 1). please email me with specifics and payment information.

I also have two vintage French blade blanks made of carbonsteel. The blades are 8 inches long by 2 inches wide, they originally came off of two chef knives that were very similar to nogent style only the handles were stubbier and fatter and a lot more rustic, more farmer style knives. they are from the sixties. I removed the handles years ago because they were completely rotted through. I was going to put antler handles on them as I had some really nice elk, but life got in the way and I forgot about them. $35 plus shipping. $5 shipping Conus

I meant $35 each haha! my mistake is your gain.

up next is one of my favorite knives in the whole world. Another 1950's forgecraft hi-carbon 10" chef knife. I personally think it is one of the finest American made production chef knives. It can take and amazing edge and it will last many lifetimes if cared for properly. Cut an onion with it and it will turn purple black, the blade and possibly the onion. So, get a patina on it quick. The American Hickory handle is cracked. I remember my dad saying that the pin was sticking out, so he took a ball peen hammer and gave it a whack and split the handle, he was an incredibly strong man back in the day. This knife is so good even with the split handle the price stays the same $40 plus $7 shipping

I like geometry on this one.

adding two old beat up vintage scimitars, these are the ones that Pumbaa Rejected on his scimitar quest, so I will offer them up here. They are both American made unmarked carbon steel blades. 11 1/2 inch blades. vintage 50's and 60's. the oldest one has a cracked handle and definitely needs to be refurbished. with a lot of elbow grease and some tlc you will have one hell of a cutter. The second one has a large shallow chip in the blade. looks like someone decided to hack a bone with it. A little work on the stones or belt sander and you should be good to go. $35 plus $6 shipping conus.

scimitar 017.jpg

scimitar 016.jpg

scimitar 015.jpg

scimitar 014.jpg

scimitar 013.jpg

scimitar 012.jpg

scimitar 011.jpg

scimitar 010.jpg

scimitar 009.jpg

scimitar 007.jpg

Back