Quantcast
FS in Canada: 240 Takeda Kiritsuke / Gyuto + unicorn magnum pepper mill + thermapen - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: FS in Canada: 240 Takeda Kiritsuke / Gyuto + unicorn magnum pepper mill + thermapen

Spokane, WA aka Spokanistan, or Spoklahoma, or...
    Anybody else interested in selling their thermapen and or unicorn pepper grinder let me know.
    Amat Victoria Curam Fortune favors the prepared.
    "A human being is primarily a bag for putting food into." -George Orwell

*** is a unicorn pepper grinder? I have a thermometer I'll send you.... The thermapen makes no difference.
    I think using a thermometer for anything other than a turkey is kind of dumb anyways.
    "A recipe has no soul. You as the cook must bring soul to the recipe." -Thomas Keller

That Takeda looks tempting. One day
    (Btw, Thermapens are very good (for everything) Use em at work all the time. They do break kind of easy in hectic kitchens though.)

I bought 4 unicorns when they were on sale... but they went here quick. I love mine though. great grinder

Quote Originally Posted by Brad Gibson View Post
    *** is a unicorn pepper grinder? I have a thermometer I'll send you.... The thermapen makes no difference.
    I think using a thermometer for anything other than a turkey is kind of dumb anyways.
    So much wrong!

Spokane, WA aka Spokanistan, or Spoklahoma, or...
    Thermapen has a quick read time around 3secs vs thermometers have slow read times typically 6-10 secs. The pepper grinder is a lazy mans pepper grinder where you just push a button and it grinds the peppercorns. I have a thermometer from Thermoworks and I grind my pepper in a coffee grinder at the moment, and have been wanting to experiment with the originally mentioned items for quite some time, but they are not necessities. Dont do much turkeys and cook all proteins at work to feel, just trying to branch out and try out some new toys.
    Amat Victoria Curam Fortune favors the prepared.
    "A human being is primarily a bag for putting food into." -George Orwell

Wait- what?!?!?
    The AI does not love you, nor does it hate you, but you are made out of atoms it might find useful for something else. - Eliezer Yudkowsky

Unicorn is NOT a powered grinder... It just pumps out a ton of pepper very quickly, and can go very course (i.e., barely cracked) if desired.

EVERYTHING IS SOLD, thanks guys! MOds please close/change title to save peoples time!