• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

FS in Canada: 240 Takeda Kiritsuke / Gyuto + unicorn magnum pepper mill + thermapen

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

slowtyper

Reaction score
I say Kiritsuke/Gyuto because while it has the kiritsuke profile, it is a double bevel.

The previous owner put a great edge on it, so incredibly thin and sharp. I used it only at home for light use and it needs another edge but I haven't sharpened it, and probably won't since I am selling it. The knife is in great shape. One thing to note is that where the blade meets the handle, there is a big glob of glue. I think thats just how takeda does things.

I got this from another member here for 250US but after shipping and paypal fees and conversion, came out to 300 CDN (I hate paypal so much).

I'd like to sell for 250CDN (+ shipping and insurance if you need).

I also have a brand new red thermapen (fold out). I got a great deal on it for $70 thanks to a member on here, so i will sell it for the same price. brand new in box.

Also selling Unicorn Magnum Plus peppermill, brand new in box. Got it from the deal on this forum and had to get it shipped to the US and brought it back with me. $35 for that.

I am located in Toronto but can ship things if needed.

EDIT: also have a BNIB set of tojiro all metal kitchen shears....let me know if interested...never used it

No chance of shipping things to the US?

Hi Andrew,

I'd prefer to sell it local or within Canada but if nobody wants it, I'll gladly ship it stateside. What are you interested in?

One reason I prefer local is that I get cash...I don't use paypal much and I hate getting dinged on their conversion fees with us/canada. Also shipping in general is more expensive in Canada so might not be worth it for the buyer.

Edit: I made a mistake on the thermapen price..sorry, will edit.

Hi Andrew,

I'd prefer to sell it local or within Canada but if nobody wants it, I'll gladly ship it stateside. What are you interested in?

One reason I prefer local is that I get cash...I don't use paypal much and I hate getting dinged on their conversion fees with us/canada. Also shipping in general is more expensive in Canada so might not be worth it for anyone.

Edit: I made a mistake on the thermapen price..sorry, will edit.

I was interested in the mistake on the thermapen price :biggrin:
Good luck on the sale.

In Canada, you should try to do EMT. Its about $0.5 for fees and its bank to bank direct. I sold a bunch of camera equipment this way. As fees on a $4k camera is also $400

Thanks, yeah I've used EMT and its so much more convenient for person to person transfers! Amazing stuff.

slowtyper:

Your mailbox is full, so I'm sending a reply to your PM here, hope you don't mind:

slowtyper:

Great I will buy both the Thermapen and Unicorn grinder from you and yes we do have a car and will actually be in the city Friday night. If you get back to me with your info maybe we can hook up tonight. BTW, you live close to Len (echerub) in case you didn't know!

Also, are you interested in buying any knives from me? I have a few I'm going to list very shortly and I can bring 'em if you want a look. I have a Dave Martell 300mm 01 steel sujihiki with old growth redwood handle and Hawaiian signature wood ferrule, Hiromoto AS 240mm gyuto with Dave Martell spalted maple re-handle, Hiromoto AS 300mm sujihiki with Dave Martell afzelia burl re-handle, Devin Thomas custom ladder pattern paring knife with snakewood handle and Ichimonji (original, not Kikuichi knockoff) TKC 240mm slightly used gyuto with rounded choil and spine, and a like new Tojiro DP honesuki boning knife.

I'm selling these because I'm leaving the industry and going back to school to finish my CA, I'm only keeping a few of my very favourites for home use!

In case you get back to me after I've already left for Toronto, you can also text me at 905-544-0141.

Cheers,
Lyle

slowtyper:

Edit, I meant we will be in TO Thursday night (tonight)!

Lyle

Sorry there were a couple other people trying to PM as well. I have cleared out my inbox.

If I wasn't saving up for something sparkly for my sweetheart, I'd be on that Takeda. Love Takeda's knives.

Well... I keep coming back to check this, hoping hoping hoping someone will pick it up and stop me from thinking about it :D

If I wasn't saving up for something sparkly for my sweetheart, I'd be on that Takeda. Love Takeda's knives.

Well, the wide bevel is very shiny and almost sparkly under the right light!

I just covered her in a coat of mineral oil and decided to take some pics. The oil caused some weird mark on the handle,its just the way the oil reflected on the light.

I have no idea how to do those beautiful artistic photos...

9NsxZ.jpg

A13go.jpg

Bump....takeda still available. I'm looking for a petty 180-210mm so trades+cash would be considered.

Sold the thermapen and magnum. Decided not to sell the tojiro shears...they are just too cool.

any interest in a hiromoto 210 gyuto with a saya from calgary? we can work out the cash if you are interested.

slowtyper..
just curious,why did you sell the thermapen??

MWTrader,

Thanks for the offer but I am looking for the petty/suji profile for my next knife.

Shankster,

I bought two of them when they were on sale, to keep one as a backup. Needed cash so sold the backup but still have one!

Hi, I'm interested in your Takeda and I too live in Toronto. Please PM me when you get the chance! I believe your inbox is full.

I don't think I can PM you because you are a new member. Send me an email at sean[at]twothirty.ca

*** is a unicorn pepper grinder? I have a thermometer I'll send you.... The thermapen makes no difference.
I think using a thermometer for anything other than a turkey is kind of dumb anyways.

That Takeda looks tempting. One day :)
(Btw, Thermapens are very good (for everything) :) Use em at work all the time. They do break kind of easy in hectic kitchens though.)

*** is a unicorn pepper grinder? I have a thermometer I'll send you.... The thermapen makes no difference.
I think using a thermometer for anything other than a turkey is kind of dumb anyways.

So much wrong!

Thermapen has a quick read time around 3secs vs thermometers have slow read times typically 6-10 secs. The pepper grinder is a lazy mans pepper grinder where you just push a button and it grinds the peppercorns. I have a thermometer from Thermoworks and I grind my pepper in a coffee grinder at the moment, and have been wanting to experiment with the originally mentioned items for quite some time, but they are not necessities. Dont do much turkeys and cook all proteins at work to feel, just trying to branch out and try out some new toys.

Unicorn is NOT a powered grinder... It just pumps out a ton of pepper very quickly, and can go very course (i.e., barely cracked) if desired.

:ignore:

EVERYTHING IS SOLD, thanks guys! MOds please close/change title to save peoples time!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back