Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Removing wa handles

Quote Originally Posted by heirkb View Post
    I could be imagining this, but I'm almost certain that I saw some kind of video of this process recently. And it wasn't Maxim's video, I don't think...
    Would you have a link to Maxim's video? I don't think I have seen that. Work really does get in the way of keeping up with the forums these days...

Thanks,

Stefan

Quote Originally Posted by apicius9 View Post
    Would you have a link to Maxim's video? I don't think I have seen that. Work really does get in the way of keeping up with the forums these days...

Thanks,

Stefan
    I am pretty sure it's in his Yoshi suji polishing video he posted recently.

M

"All beauty that has no foundation in use, soon grows distasteful and needs continuous replacement with something new." The Shakers' saying.

If my KKF Inbox is full (or not), please contact me via Email: anvlts@gmail.com

Stefan, I have had to essentially destroy majority of the burned in Japanese handles, most of them were extremely tight, I think humidity expands the wood more than in a dry climate.

Quote Originally Posted by olpappy View Post
    Stefan, I have had to essentially destroy majority of the burned in Japanese handles, most of them were extremely tight, I think humidity expands the wood more than in a dry climate.
    I wonder if putting a knife in a freezer for a few hours might help this process? Would dry out the wood a little and should cause it to shrink back some...