Quantcast
Carbon Pan Seasoniong Question + Pictures - Page 5
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Carbon Pan Seasoniong Question + Pictures

Deglaze and dont worry about the seasoning.

I've never had an issue deglazing in my cast iron. Well, once, but that was because I did a terrible job seasoning.

I think the comment was more that the particular seasoning pictured would flake while deglazing, because it is laid on thick and is flake prone in general. I have found that to be true as well, my first seasoning on my Debuyer looked similar and had that issue. I stripped it and started over, it's now thin and smooth and not so flake prone.
    -Enjoy the ride. *** All statements made herein are my personal opinion and nothing more, regardless of tone or context. ***

Thanks for all the help guys!!!!!

Just curious who here has the de buyer 9inch deep country pan ? How do you like it and what does it do that. the shallow skillets won't do ?

I tried to do some potatoes last night. Big failure. I preheated the pan, added plenty of oil. Cut them home fries style, stopped them in to cook (fry not deep fry). Waiting 10 minutes. Turned and few were sticking... However, after next turn, whole pan was sticking. Big Failure

Quote Originally Posted by ptolemy View Post
    I tried to do some potatoes last night. Big failure. I preheated the pan, added plenty of oil. Cut them home fries style, stopped them in to cook (fry not deep fry). Waiting 10 minutes. Turned and few were sticking... However, after next turn, whole pan was sticking. Big Failure
    That sucks. I had a similar experience my first time out with making fried taters, but I kept moving the potatoes to minimize the sticking. The second time I fried up bacon first then put in the taters. Turned out much better.

Do you think the pan was too hot or perhaps not hot enough?

Quote Originally Posted by Shinob1 View Post
    That sucks. I had a similar experience my first time out with making fried taters, but I kept moving the potatoes to minimize the sticking. The second time I fried up bacon first then put in the taters. Turned out much better.

Do you think the pan was too hot or perhaps not hot enough?
    It was definitely hot enough and I dried potatoes before putting them in. Also rinsed through 3-4 water cycles to remove excess starch. I think after I turned them, the starch just grabbed it

eggs wouldnt stick to well seasoned pan. Potato either

Season again.

Quote Originally Posted by bieniek View Post
    eggs wouldnt stick to well seasoned pan. Potato either

Season again.
    eggs don't stick

Aside from the potato incident, how is the pan working out for you? I'm enjoying mine and the seasoning is coming along, but only one part of the pan has a darker black spot. The rest of the pan is taking on a brownish color, with some areas being darker then others.