Quantcast
Something different! - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Something different!

I did see a Japanese Tuna knife with a very similar profile, but I think it was a bit longer and beefier IIRC?

I'm liking the San Mai and Hybrid Western/Wa handles, distinct look to it. I'm dreaming up a blade with an O-1 core San Mai in feather pattern damascus???

Quote Originally Posted by sachem allison View Post
    it also has a very similar profile to some of the earliest everyday French knives, The knife was very popular throughout the middle ages up until now.
    Thanks for the info and the photo!

Inspired by God, Forged by Fire, Tempered by Water, Grounded by Earth, Guided by the spirit.. Randy Haas

HHH Custom Knives T Shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by mr drinky View Post
    That is a stunning knife, and I would hate to sharpen that tip. Looks less like something to use in the kitchen and more like something to make haste of animals in the wild. I have that French peasant knife, and you can still use the tip for some fine work, but that OP knife design seems limited except for stabbing and puncturing. I'd take that one into battle any day.

I think I might ask Randy to do a jambiya for me just to make things even more weird for him. The jambiya is made to curve under the rib cage and puncture the heart.

k.
    K, The sharpening was a challenge. But after a few passes on both sides. I pretty much figured it out. Im not sure if she will be breaking down any whole cattle or large animals. But who knows what people do with there knives.

A Jambiya? Ill have p Google it and see what your talking about. It sounds like a WICKED weapon!

Inspired by God, Forged by Fire, Tempered by Water, Grounded by Earth, Guided by the spirit.. Randy Haas

Quote Originally Posted by Taz575 View Post
    I did see a Japanese Tuna knife with a very similar profile, but I think it was a bit longer and beefier IIRC?

I'm liking the San Mai and Hybrid Western/Wa handles, distinct look to it. I'm dreaming up a blade with an O-1 core San Mai in feather pattern damascus???

Taz, Thanks man, I really love the look of the San Mai line on this one.

keep dreaming! lol Who knows what kida crazy stuff we will try next? Maybe doing a single bevel 2 bar with feather on the face with the grind. And The O-1 as the cutting edge.. ? Ideas?

Like a Deba type??? Oh, don't go that far, I gotta save up some $$$ first!

Taz, we may be able to do that. I am gona be working on the fine art of making a Deba!!!! So start saving lol

+ Reply to Thread