• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

FS: Shapton GS stones, Kitayama, King stones

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

apicius9

Das HandleMeister
Founding Member
Reaction score
I am not a big sharpener and have a somewhat eclectic but not very well thought-out set of stones. Finally got Dave to set me up with something, so I am now cleaning out. I have:

Shapton glass stones 500/1000/4000 - I should have looked at home this morning, but I think the 500 and 1000 are open and have been used once or twice to play around and the 4000 is still in its original packaging. I may mix something up, but in any case, they are not far from new condition. Would prefer to sell these as a set for $149 shipped in the US.

Kitayama 8000 - some say it's a higher grit but I wouldn't know, this is unused/new. $65 shipped in the US

King 1000/6000 combo and what I believe to be an Icebear/King 3000 from everything I remember. Both used but not very much, still over 90% of the original stone there. I'll throw in a simple, cheap flattening stone also. I thought I'd give this set up for $15 shipping if a) you have been a member before I post this, b) you are new to sharpening and want to try your hand at hand sharpening on some beginner stones, and c) you post about your experiences in KKF.

Thanks,

Stefan

Your last offer is very thoughtful. I hope they go to a appreciative home. Very nice of you.

I thought you got rid of those glass stones last year.

I thought you got rid of those glass stones last year.

I think I sold a 2000 and a 8000 last year...

Kitayama is SOLD now. Thanks!

Stefan

I'd like that King stone please. I just joined a few days ago and have learned a ton. I have been recommended the King stones as good stones for starters, but don't want to spend $65 on them for new ones. I'd be very grateful if I can take them off of your hands!

Stefan,

Your PM is full. I might be interested in the glass set.

Hoss

Thanks Hoss, I just cleaned the mailbox up a bit.

Looks like the King stones are pending to agp. I fell asleep, gotta look what happened in the last half hour...

Stefan

That's uncanny, my current set up comprises of GS 500, 1k, 4k and a kitayama and my only previous stone was a king (or ice bear in Oz) 1/6k combo. I love the GS series.

Josh

Nothing wrong with these stones, I just decided that for the little sharpening I do I follow Dave's advice and start thinning out the rest - too much stuff and a move coming up in the summer. I may even sell a knife or two...

The glass stones are pending now.

Stefan

Oops, the Shaptons and Kings are sold. I had to withdraw the Kitayama - it had a crack that I had never seen before.

Stefan

Latest posts

Back