NY to Dallas, where to eat?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kyle

Reaction score
Long story short, I'm driving a car from New York City to Dallas. I'm already in Jersey and my basic route is taking me to Pennsylvania to 81s through Virginia and then 40W through Tennesee and then Arkansas to Texas. I have a very generous allowance for expenses and want to make sure I eat some good food along the way. I'm looking for worthwhile suggestions along the way; just trying to avoid the overrated tourist spots and chains. Let me know what's good... Especially interested in BBQ joints, will be passing through Memphis.

Kyle:

You have to go to Cozy Corner for me! LOL! But seriously, after reading Smokestack Lightning, I've wanted to try that place ever since.

Pennsylvania? You should stop by and say hi to Dave!

Where in Texas are you going? Will you have a chance to hit Lockhart?

Where is Cozy Corner?

I'm going to DFW area. I just moved to Texas a week ago so I plan to get to Lockhart soon!

Cool, we can always use more Forum members here in DFW! Many we can get a DFW meetup going here soon.

Meetup indeed! I'll cook.

Best restaurant cue I've had in dfw is Red Barn in Colleyville. Texas style bbq, not expensive. Come early, they sell out. Ted Allen said the best brisket he's ever had was at Main Street in Euless. That place is all you can eat and it's a good value, but it's not the best brisket I've ever had. The best I've ever had was from Aunt Jo's outside Victoria.

I have heard lots of good about Mesa. I should take my wife there when she can eat normal food again...

Ok most of my day is going to be spent in Tennessee. Going to try to get to Cozy Corner but they close at 5 and it's a long ways away. If anyone knows any good spots in Tn, BBQ or otherwise, I'm all ears.

Stopped in this incredible little town yesterday called Harrisonburg, Va. Wish I could have stayed longer as it was right up my alley.

Back