My Boardsmith arrived this week!!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Edge

Reaction score
After patiently waiting, it's finally here!! My custom BoardSMITH!! This Cherry board measures 24"x20" and fits my little corner perfectly. Only problem is, I'm going to have to do some work on the rest of the corner to make the board more comfortable. I've already used it a couple of times, and have yet to see a mark on this beauty! It feels a little rough where I cut, but visually you can't even tell. Have to say this was a very good investment, and even though I don't have any extra room, I'm thinking of ordering more :D. I'll quit rambling now and show you a pic:

The Edge - The roughness you feel where you first cut is because the wood fibers have raised a little where contacted by water. This is normal and will gradually stop with use. Since I don't use resin hardeners or urethane coatings, this is a fact of life and something I can't get around.

If it needs to be removed, use a pastry scraper or the edge of a beater knife to lightly scrape the cutting surface.

Anyway, happy to see it arrived safe. I've had two damaged this year by UPS, one very minor and one not so minor, so to see one come through safely is good. And it means my new guy who is packing is doing a good job.

No worries about the roughness Dave. I applaud you not using any resin hardeners or urethane coatings, and letting the wood act naturally. I have no doubt with the amount of craftsmanship put into this board it will serve a lifetime of use (with proper care), and look good doing it. Thanks again for this beauty!

Back