Quantcast
Pressure Cooker
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pressure Cooker

Pressure Cooker

I got one as a gift and have no idea what to do with it. What those of you who use one find it the better alternative to say, copper pans?

M

An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made, in a narrow field.
    -Niels Bohr

If my KKF Inbox is full (or not), please contact me via Email: anvlts@gmail.com

i use my kuhn rikon mainly for making stock despite what cooks illustrated says i think it makes a great stock. i make large amts of soup. 3 qts water with celery carrot onion garlic parsley root and turnip at 15 lbs for an hour strain thru mafter bullion seive= veg stock.. then i take chicken feet and all the left over accumulated chicken parts 3 qts of water and some herbs for an hr on high strain and then mix the 2 stocks in a 3 gallon pot.. from that i make chicken soup and barley is my current favorite 'starch' .. pressure cooker does great with beets too .

My wife uses one a lot for making beef stock and for cooking beets.

I just started using mine for cooking beans, instead of soaking and cooking for an hour they go into the cooker and 25 minutes later are ready for whatever I'm making.
    Spike C
    "The Buddha resides as comfortably in the circuits of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the top of a mountain."
    Pirsig

I dont have one yet. But if I did, I would use it to stabilize wood!!! lol

Inspired by God, Forged by Fire, Tempered by Water, Grounded by Earth, Guided by the spirit.. Randy Haas

240mm Stainless Gyuto!!

We cook everything in the pressure cooker. Beans, roasts, stews etc. Invaluable when living at altitude.
    “Lettuce is divine, although I’m not sure it’s really a food.” D. Vreeland

Fried chicken done in a pressure cooker comes out great. I've never tried it with mine, but I used to eat chicken done that way at a little restaurant back home and it was the best I've ever had. Another nice thing about doing it that way is it cooks fast.

great for short ribs
    A clever cook can make good meat of a whetstone.” Erasmus

I want one. Would love one at work for stocks. Growing up my mom cooked chicken and tongue in hers. Of course they are also great for canning. Me, I have always had a master plan for turning one into a still.

-AJ

I use mine primarily for making stock, a task at which it excels. Occasionally, if I'm in a big hurry, I'll do pork shoulders, short ribs, and the like. It's great at turning long braises into a comparatively quick task.

+ Reply to Thread