Spartan Race

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kalaeb

Banned
Reaction score
As I sit here eating a burger, fries and a coke, feeling lethargic and listening to pandora. An add comes on for a "spartan race". http://www.spartanrace.com/ and I am thinking this looks crazy in a good way.

I used to be a fit freak, former collegiate athlete, sport climber and biker; back in the day, this would have been no problem... but now... well, I am a burger flipper, you get the picture.

I get the feeling I need to do something to get back some of my energy and zip. So, just now, (well after I finish my burger) have decided to get back to being healthy, and will shoot for this next year. My swedish fish will be replaced by almonds, cokes by water and protein shakes and fries by apples.

Has anyone here raced one of these, or other extreme race, or currently training for one?

Better question, anyone up for doing one?

There are some idiots I work with who are signed up for a local "Tough Mudder" race. There are plenty of reasons to be healthy, but I don't see the point in spending $100 to get your ass kicked. If you need that for motivation...well...then, you weren't meant to be healthy I guess.

I have done the Tough Mudder, and yes it kicks your ass. It is a fun test. It tests you mentally and physically. Wearing costumes is common amongst those that regularly participate. It is a blast. Borderline sadistic torture, but still an accomplishment

Back