Howdy to all from sunny Tampa Fl.

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mbertsche

Reaction score
Greetings - I hope you folks don't mind converts. I've been sharpening beauty shears for 8 or 9 years. I finally got so fed up dealing with the attitudes in the salons a couple of years ago that I took Steve Botorff's class and resolved to change direction when I retired from my full time gig. I retired in August. Left NY in Oct and I've had a ball sharpening primarily kitchen cutlery at Farmers Markets all winter. I'm looking forward to learning from and contributing to this forum.
Cheers,
Mark
M&M Sharpening

Mark, I started out sharpening for restaurants and making house calls for rich people, then made the move to salons where I worked for about 3 years, and then came back to knives again and I'm not leaving them ever again. I too hated the salon crap, it's just not for me.

Welcome to KKF! :)

Dave
I remember your posts several years ago on sharpnet. Too bad more members over there didn't follow your lead. It became pretty difficult to separate the wheat from the chaff. So much bs so little content. Thank you for starting this forum.
Mark

Hey Mark, good to see someone living in Tampa on here. I'm pretty busy most always but at some point if you want/need to check out some knives or stones, I have a few :) I am no guru but Dave and others have taught me quite a bit.

Regards
Bryan

Hi Bryan
I'm still a snowbird - consequently I'm up in the Adirondacks for the summer. I'd like to apologize for not getting back to you sooner, but apparently I had my mail settings messed up because I never got any followup emails from this forum. I would love to get together when I get back down to Tampa in Oct. I've joined the Gator Cutlery Club over in Plant City. Great bunch of people and some super knife makers amongst them. I have apprenticed my self to a fellow and hope to be turning out some kitchen knives this fall. Looking forward to meeting you.
Mark

Latest posts

Back