BB @ EE

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Little rich for my blood, but very impressive (the 12" sujihiki being my favorite of the two).

I liked Slicing Knife (6") with Sheephorn and Dragon's Breath Damascus best :)
Stunning. I was not that impressed by the other.

Well, as you all know Im a huge fan of Bills work, and are so checking my mail everyday now for news :)
wohaaa!

thanks for posting these Oivind. these are part of the group of knives that have been on order from them for the last two and a half years or so. there will be more posted here in the future.

How is 1084 and 15N20 compared to 52100?
Will it take a sharper edge, but not have the edge retention as 52100?

How does the dragon look like with patina on. Anyone got any?

How is 1084 and 15N20 compared to 52100?
Will it take a sharper edge, but not have the edge retention as 52100?

How does the dragon look like with patina on. Anyone got any?

No new knives, OD!

Can't comment most of that, especially since I've no experience with Bill's dammy in a kitchen.

But from what I have tried/sharpened from a few makers, 52100 takes and holds a really nice edge if it's hard enough. I am sure Bill's is. 1084/52100 is great, and more than adequate, but doesn't take an edge like 52100 or hold it quite as well. However, if you don't like super polished or extremely acute edges, there will be no difference.

Also 52100 takes some really pretty patinas.

I think!!! That I can get it as sharp but it won't hold the edge as long as 52100. It is pretty much going to look the same after it patinas as it does now just the 15n20 will start to darken more.

Wait, O, is this for you??

Don't you know yet that the best way to get a great knife is to give the maker Carte Blanche to do what they want? It works every time.

This one sold too. Thought that you guys might like to see it.

90065_1_b.jpg

I'm not sure what is a bigger stunner. The knife, or the price tag. Worth every penny. :cool2::wow:

I'm gonna say the knife.

Back