For the Makers, Craftsmen, Hobbyists

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

knyfeknerd

Original Knerd of Knives
Reaction score
I wanted to take a minute to thank you all, whoever you are. The work that all of you do is such a driving force in many peoples lives. Your work and dedication make my work(cooking) so much better. The tools don't make the chef, but having better tools does make a better chef.
It's funny how something so seemingly meaningless to some (like a new blade) can inspire us, make us enthusiastic and energized about doing tons of vegetable prep or meat fabrication.
Also, think of the permanence of what you do.
I make food. A neccesity. Sometimes a good memory for some. Some more fancy than others. Still, a fleeting memory, easily forgotten.
Your work is so much more, it helps me make the memories. Think of how many people have had food prepared by the help of your work. Your work is something that can be held and used for years upon end, whereas mine is consumed, not to be seen again.
Thanks again, your work inspires me.

Thank you, comments like this are motovating to us as well...

Pierre

Nice. Thank you for supporting us. If you didn't buy our knives, we wouldn't be able to follow our passion, so it's a win-win for both of us.

Take care and keep cook'n.

~M

Knyfeknerd, I disagree with "food is a fleeting memory" part -- food prepared with love and enjoyed with family and friends can be life changing. That said, I do love to chop, slice and dice with a good knife. For me, it's contemplative.

Having been on both sides, I have to say, I would barely understand another way of doing things. :knife:

That is quite awesome. I am sure that i am not the only one who makes knives mostly because i love to. Hearing stuff like this makes me want to do it even more :)
Thank you very much

Mike

thank you
ist a good day when memories can be had from a simple taste or feel (those can last a life time )

Back