Mario and Devin Sujihiki

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Salty dog

Reaction score
mdsuji8.jpg

mdsuji7.jpg

mdsuji6.jpg

Mdsuji.jpg

mdsuj2.jpg

mdsuji5.jpg

Wow...:surrendar: Every time you post a knife I think to myself, what could be possibly next? Well, you never fail at surprising me, your taste is impeccable, beautiful knife Scott. Mario, your work is quite impressive!

The heck. I am seriously in love with that handle. Works amazing with that damascus.

Snakewood and mammoth...Mario you must be a glutton for punishment.

Looks great, cut anything with it yet?

Very nice! How did they collaborate on this knife?Who did what?

my guess is Mario got some damn nice DT steel and made a damn nice knife out of it.

Devin was kind enough to gift me my choice of bar at the Vegas show. Mario cut it, Devin heat treated it, Mario ground it, finished it and made the handle.

Haven't sharpened it yet. I think it's AEB-L and L6? Twist pattern.

So the bar you got from DT already had the twist pattern,or does that come out during the HT,grinding,finishing?

Had the twist. I didn't even ask what steel it was until after I picked it out.

The bar already looked pretty good at the show but it looks even better finished. Thanks for the pics. How long is it? Did you have to weld on a tang?

A little better perspective. I think 290. Mario will have to fill in the details. I just get to enjoy it. Petty on the way!

IMG_6866.jpgIMG_6870.jpgIMG_6871.jpgIMG_6872.jpgIMG_6879.jpg

These are gorgeous knives. WOW. :drool:

Beautiful blade! The work from start to finish is top notch. I'm very jealous here.

Very, very, very nice!!!!!:thumbsup:

The bar just keeps getting higher and higher!! :cool2:

Love it. I have a petty with the DT twist pattern, and it is one of my favorite damascus patterns. And Mario's handle is amazing. The whole blade has wonderful and natural organic look to it. Great work, great knife.

k.

really nice salty. Another great piece for your collection.

Back