New 330 mm Sujihiki

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PierreRodrigue

Reaction score
This is a new piece, made from S35VN, hand rubbed finish, at HRC61.

3/32" thick above the heel, a different grinding meathod gives this a nice convex, and great food release.

Full distal taper, I dont have a scale, but ballance point is 40 mm ahead of the heel. Also there is a mosaic pin in the handle butt.

Thanks for looking...
IMG_4232.jpgIMG_4233.jpg
IMG_4225.jpgIMG_4228.jpg
IMG_4235.jpgIMG_4222.jpg

Its the new mate for this one...
Picture1968.jpg

Robin is going to be very happy, if i may ask, how much did this one end up being?

Slicing a pork loin today had me wanting a 330mm knife.

Knife looks great, Mr. Rodrigue! As ever.

It arrived today. 332mm 227grams of beauty.
Unfortunately it only got to cut up some beef for dinner before being re-packed to go into the kitchen knife box for transport across the atlantic.

A review will follow later!

Short comments,

F&F is top notch as i expected from Pierre.
The burl on the handle has two very cool eyes looking at the cook with demanding eyes when you lay the knife down.

I have not yet sharpened it as we are currently packing our lives. I did however cut up some sirloin grilled steaks with it before it went back into its box.

My quick conclusion (more pics and a full review later during the summer) is that it slices awesomely and the length and weight just makes the blade glide through the meat during a draw cut.

I can't wait until i can unpack it and put some steaks on the grill again.

Back