• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

The last of my bags and teeth.

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sachem allison

Reaction score
Well, It is drug time again. Gotta pay the pusher.lol I will be selling the last of my knife bags and what Hippo Ivory I have left with me here in NYC.
These are the last of my silk knife bags. They are roughly 24 x 4 and were handmade by an elderly Chinese lady here in China town for me. I had ordered a bunch of these only to realize after the fact that none of my knives have sayas. Since I don't really have very many knives anymore, I don't need them.
The first one is Lavender with golden bamboo leaves(doesn't photograph well under amber lights)
The second one is green with gold dragons
The third one is red with black dragons
Price is $35 with conus shipping

bags 005.jpg

bags 003.jpg

bags 002.jpg

Here are the last of the Hippo Ivory. These are getting very difficult to find and rather expensive. If you can find them online they are usually out of stock or only have one or two pieces in their inventory. I was fortunately years ago to help a some folks start an import/ export business and they give me first pick from their inventory when they can. These are all legally harvested from South Africa from the Hippo culling programs. They cull rogue hippos and hippos that are over populated so that they do not starve to death. The sell of the ivory helps fund wildlife programs. I have over the years put away a large stash of this ivory and am now selling the last of my NY supply to pay for my new meds. You will not find any better hippo ivory any where in the states. This will be sold only in the continental United States. They will not be cheap, but they will be cheaper than anyone else.
Here goes. Free shipping in conus.

1. 6.75 in x 1.375(would make an awesome wa handle)$80
2. 8 in x 1.5 in ( super dense)$120
3. 10.5 in x 1.25 in ( hard to find this size)$200
4. 10.5 in x 1.375 in (hard to find this size)$200
5. 13 in x 1.5 in ( giant , rare for this size to come up as the larger pieces are sold to carvers, expensive)$300

hippo last 001.jpg

hippo last 002.jpg

hippo last 003.jpg

hippo last 004.jpg

hippo last 005.jpg

hippo last 007.jpg

hippo last 008.jpg

hippo last 009.jpg

hippo last 010.jpg

hippo last 011.jpg

hippo last 012.jpg

hippo last 013.jpg

hippo last 014.jpg

hippo last 015.jpg

hippo last 017.jpg

hippo last 018.jpg

hippo last 019.jpg

hippo last 020.jpg

hippo last 021.jpg

hippo last 022.jpg

Nice bags. Wish I had a need but alas, my knives never leave the home kitchen. Good luck as always and as always, some great stuff

alright moving everything that is still available from all my other listings here.

Here is a vintage 10" American made carbon steel chef knife. They don't make them like this anymore. I would say this was made in the 60"s. Mahogany handle with lanyard hole.. These will take a hair popping edge. There is no makers mark
1. mahogany handle, 10" blade length 2 1/4" wide triple brass rivets and a lanyard hole
$40 with shipping,

These are the last of my silk knife bags. They are roughly 24 x 4 and were handmade by an elderly Chinese lady here in China town for me. I had ordered a bunch of these only to realize after the fact that none of my knives have sayas. Since I don't really have very many knives anymore, I don't need them.
The fist one is red with golden cherry blossoms

vintageknife3 007.jpg

vintageknife3 006.jpg

vintageknife3 003.jpg

bags 011.jpg

bags 013.jpg

bags 003.jpg

alright moving everything that is still available from all my other listings here.

Here is a vintage 10" American made carbon steel chef knife. They don't make them like this anymore. I would say this was made in the 60"s. Mahogany handle with lanyard hole.. These will take a hair popping edge. There is no makers mark
1. mahogany handle, 10" blade length 2 1/4" wide triple brass rivets and a lanyard hole
$40 with shipping,

The fist one is red with golden cherry blossoms

Bumping it guys, got to go

Back