Quantcast
Vintage Sabatier Refurb - Page 4
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Vintage Sabatier Refurb

Dave,

Just have Randy swing by for a couple of days to take pictures of you in action.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Martell View Post
    Maybe I'll do a WIP some day but if I know myself I'd forget to stop and record what I'm doing because I can really get into the work and time just disappears and the next thing it's done. It sure would be cool do document some of this stuff sometime though.
    I know how that goes. I'm not a very sentimental person, so I rarely every stop to show off or preserve memories. My wife is always yelling at me for mailing things off that were a ton of work and not taking a picture! But she's a photographer.

Beautiful work Dave.
    Your refurb made this knife look better than brand new.
    Mark Farley / It's a Burl
    Phone 541-592-5071, Email burlsource@gmail.com
    Visit our web store

Engorged Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Burl Source View Post
    Beautiful work Dave.
    Your refurb made this knife look better than brand new.
    +1 I, like probably everyone else is now searching ebay for a Sab like that for you to do another rehab.

You guys have me looking at ebay too - LOL

Thanks for the kind words everyone.

“Lettuce is divine, although I’m not sure it’s really a food.” D. Vreeland

I just wanted to say thank you dave. I just unpacked the knife and it truly is stunning and a bit hard to believe that it is the same knife. I snapped a couple pics that I'll upload later when I can get on a computer( its in the process of being reformatted ). One of the taper of the handle, which is perfect. I was never a huge fan of the skimpy stock handles on sabs, and one of the distal taper which on a sab is dramatic to begin with, but with your regrind is amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by K-Fed View Post
    I just wanted to say thank you dave. I just unpacked the knife and it truly is stunning and a bit hard to believe that it is the same knife. I snapped a couple pics that I'll upload later when I can get on a computer( its in the process of being reformatted ). One of the taper of the handle, which is perfect. I was never a huge fan of the skimpy stock handles on sabs, and one of the distal taper which on a sab is dramatic to begin with, but with your regrind is amazing.

Hey it was my pleasure and I'm thankful for having the chance to work on it. I'll be looking forward to your pictures.

A little late to the party but: damn fine work there!
    -"we're gonna make gluten free lasagna"

Wow, it must be incredibly satisfying to be able to do that kind of hand work. Hats off.