• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Murray Carter Utility & Seki Hamano Steak knives

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

add

Founding Member
Reaction score
** Murray Carter 210cm or 8.25 inches overall length.

Unused minty condition.
Blade has been kept mineral oiled and sheath, carnuba waxed.

Would make a great edc for the non chef or true all-around kitchen utility/chore knife for the belt.

Forged blade flats are hammered and unpolished.
Murray's grind exposes the sandwiched steel which should turn a nice shade of grey after the first apple is dismantled. :cool2:

Cocobolo wood slabs, perhaps Desert Ironwood ?
Three pins in the handle, the center one being a mosaic.
Comes with the upgraded (a $30 add on) serviceable (it isn't a Paul Long) leather pouch sheath w/belt loop made by Mrs. Carter.

This one is built a bit differently than his neck knives I have owned; longer, more substantial, and a fuller handle makes it more comfortable in hand, imo.

This size on his site goes for well over $400 and would come with a plastic kydex sheath... closest I can find is here:
http://www.cartercutlery.com/japane...-original-hammer-finish-stabilized-olive-wood

** Complete set of 6 Japanese Seki Hamono bamboo handled steak knives.

These are unused but a bit vintage. 5" blade and 8" overall. Micro serrations on the first 2" of cutting edge and a left side bevel on top of about the same length. Polished SS. Original aged wooden presentation/keeper box included.
Use these as is -neat Japanese retro- or a re handle project... partial tang.

$370 USPS MO or PP (plus fees) for both the Carter and the steak knives as a set...
Shipped/ins Priority US Mail price

Cash is King but may consider trades (+/-) : Vitamix, 210-240 wa gyutos (no exposed machi), woman's ring.
Deal is complete when both parties are happy.

I guess its email/pm at the moment for pics or, if someone could post these for me here via email I would certainly appreciate it.

Thanks for looking!

Murray Carter 210cm or 8.25 inches overall length.

really 210 ?

Maybe...

100_0716.jpg

100_0707.jpg

100_0606.jpg

That's the first Carter I have seen that I actually like the look of, damn if I'm not to slow though.

Wow, haven't checked in a day and all these great knives out there pop up! Hmmm

Say what? The first Carter you like the look of? I absolutely love the guy's neckers. A huge part of why I chose Mike Davis to make mine is that his work reminds me of a cleaner Carter!

Say what? The first Carter you like the look of? I absolutely love the guy's neckers. A huge part of why I chose Mike Davis to make mine is that his work reminds me of a cleaner Carter!

I just never really liked the finish on his kitchen knives, and the handles just seem too utilitarian, I'll have to try one eventually as his work is so well regarded but there are so many out there that I still need to try it never seemed important. But with this utility knife it all seems to come together, the rough finish, plain handle (not that its really plain but in comparison to some of the other work out there) it works so well together, I'm sorry I missed it.

I just never really liked the finish on his kitchen knives, and the handles just seem too utilitarian, I'll have to try one eventually as his work is so well regarded but there are so many out there that I still need to try it never seemed important. But with this utility knife it all seems to come together, the rough finish, plain handle (not that its really plain but in comparison to some of the other work out there) it works so well together, I'm sorry I missed it.

It's not really a kitchen knife, but an outdoor knife, a Whitecrane, unless I miss my guess:

http://www.cartercutlery.com/japane...e-series/whitecrane-234-forge-finish-ironwood

Not to say that you can't use it in the kitchen as a utility knife. Good price on the one that sold, BTW.

Rick

Hekler, I get ya! Different looks appeal to different people. I just like how Murray's knives scream "working knife".

I like that the knife does not have a red liner like most of his neck knives and western-handled kitchen knives now seem to have.

Hekler, I get ya! Different looks appeal to different people. I just like how Murray's knives scream "working knife".

Same. That's why I want one. Too fancy and it just looks tacky IMO. I just want something with great performance and understated looks.

Latest posts

Back