Quantcast
True Morels
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: True Morels

True Morels

Coming in from Oregon.

Wow they are getting whites already. With the early spring this year we will be seeing them soon. Used to pick Morels by the bucket as a kid and sautee with butter, S&P and call it a meal. Should be seeing ramps and fiddle heads soon as well.

Dave

Morels are awesome, easily one of my favorite mushrooms. Half-easy to find here in Sweden.
    Got a friend with a freezer full of them, gotta buy some of him now. Damn you.

I am hoping we get some warmer weather by next week so I can find some while I am out Turkey Hunting. Love'em.

Scott, send me a PM if you have the time when they arrive. The Wife and I have been planning on making a return trip to your restaurant soon, as in the next couple of weeks and would love the opportunity to have some morels. Hopefully this time I won't get a speeding ticket driving up to Wisconsin as I am still on probation until late June.

P.S. I will be bringing a few knives up for show and tell and I definitely have to see your new Mario Suji.
    Twitter: @PeterDaEater

Quote Originally Posted by Duckfat View Post
    Wow they are getting whites already. With the early spring this year we will be seeing them soon. Used to pick Morels by the bucket as a kid and sautee with butter, S&P and call it a meal. Should be seeing ramps and fiddle heads soon as well.

Dave
    We have been getting ramps from california and jersey for couple weeks now and will be picking ramps in CT this week. Crab from the chesapeake has been coming in for almost 2 weeks now, about a month earlier than usual I think. Spring has been crazy so far this year.
    "God sends meat and the devil sends cooks." - Thomas Deloney

Better get some water in that Hangiri.

Oh yeah and those mushrooms look fantastic!

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyChance View Post
    Crab from the chesapeake has been coming in for almost 2 weeks now, about a month earlier than usual I think.
    Just got done pan frying some soft shelled crabs.

Dave

+ Reply to Thread