• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

FS: Hattori FH Cleaver and 27cm Suji

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JKerr

Reaction score
As much as I hate to do it, I'm cleaning out the drawer and stripping down the kit to what I plan to use long term. More to come after these.

First up is my Hattori FH cleaver. Had this for about 6 months, give or take. Used it work so it has some light wear, most of my knives are on constant rotation so this was getting swapped out with my Sugimoto 6 and cm gyuto. It's pretty heavy at 500g, but it really is a "slicing" cleaver, super thin behind the edge. Paid $390 for it, asking $300 USD.

IMAG0230.jpgIMAG0231.jpgIMAG0232.jpg

Next up is the 27cm sujihiki with cocobolo handle. Had this guy for about 1.5 years. Again, pretty light use, some scuffing on the sides from when I was worse at sharpening, nothing deep. Sharpened about 90/10 for right handed use. Scales are faded a little and the hattori logo is wearing off. I've never used any other sujis so I can't compare it to much, but it's fairly thin behind the edge, tapers nicely and has a very small amount of flex. Paid $235, asking $150 USD.

IMAG0212.jpgIMAG0213.jpgIMAG0214.jpg

Items are located in Australia. I'm looking for quick and easy sales so I'll post overseas and I'll pay for postage. Prices are firm. Paypal prefered.

Cheers,
Josh

do you still have that cleaver? did you replace it?

had I seen this when originally posted, I would have been All over that suji. And it comes in the nicer hinged case, not the newer blue boxes which are not near as nice

do you still have that cleaver? did you replace it?

Nah, I relisted it in another thread with a few other knives and it sold. Never replaced it, so to speak, but I have bought a lot of knives since then. Frankly, I've been considering buying another, one of those ***** I really regret. To be honest though, it's getting harder and harder to justify more cleavers.

Cheers,
Josh

Hmm, why is " s a l e" censored? :scratchhead:

Back