Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Metro DC Food & Cooking Show

Still Plays With Blocks
    Home Furnishings Capital of the World, High Point, NC

Metro DC Food & Cooking Show

Do I remember someone posting about this show from last year? I wouold like to have a little inside information if anyone has some they would like to share.

Dave, that was me. Here is the web site, although the 2012 info is not up yet: http://www.metrocookingdc.com/

PM me a phone # if you want to talk; might be the easiest/ quickest way.

Still Plays With Blocks
    Question...I am seriously considering attending this show in November, is there a knife maker, or other vendor, here who would like to share the space with me? I am looking at a 10 x 10 corner booth which will give adequate frontage for both of our products.

If there is anyone interested, send me an email or call 336 four three one 0436.

FWIW, I talked to the organizer who contacted David, and she comfirmed they had room for a knife vendor/ maker or two at this point, or a knife sharpener/ maker. I asked about someone selling food products as well, and they would need to examine on a case-by-case basis, as they are trying to limit the number of vendors selling similar food items, as last year almost all were selling jams/ jellies and BBQ sauces.

So this is really begging for a maker to show off his wares on a backdrop of beautiful BoardSmith cutting boards. And I can bring an induction burner or electric skillet so some food can get cut/ chopped and then cooked in order to draw more people over to the booth.

wyoming, closer to nowhere than somewhere.
    Like your thinking David.

Still Plays With Blocks
    Quote Originally Posted by Crothcipt View Post
    Like your thinking David.
    I like WildBoars thinking as well and I appreciate his offer of help during the show as well. Could be a fun a profitable two days effort. But I may have to drop the idea since no one has expressed even a slight interest. I need to make a final decision by May 1st.

David, there's a good chance most of the knifemakers and other vendors are not checking this thread. It may take sending some PMs/ emails.

I tell you what though, if Dave Martell was thinking about heading down this way to give sharpening lessons at a restaurant, I could see how he could make a long weekend out of it and show off some of his knifes, his rehandling and his sharpening services to 20K + people at the show, and run the sharpening class at the restaurant all in one trip...

wyoming, closer to nowhere than somewhere.
    with all that going on he can even take it as a tax write off.
    Last edited by Crothcipt; 04-14-2012 at 06:48 PM. Reason: some days are just like that

Been negligent in updating this thread. We made it happen -- there will be a booth at the show. David Smith will have an awesome display of his cutting boards, and I will be there showing off wares from a handful of knife-related craftsmen + introducing unsuspected showgoers to the wonders of burl

And my wife will be pitching in by baking some bread, scones, biscotti, etc. that we will hand out as tasting samples in order to get people up close to the booth.

I made up a web site (www.wildboarskitchen.com) for my 'company'; the info on the craftsmen is on the Our Friends page.

So if you are in the DC area, come visit us on November 3 or 4!

That's awesome!! I would definitely be there if I were on the east coast. Hope you have fun, and good luck!