Quantcast
European honeymoon.....
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: European honeymoon.....

European honeymoon.....

ok so i am getting married......some of u know this...most don't but.....anyway my friend planned a trip to hawaii......holy cow! it's expensive there!.....so she asked me to plan a trip somewhere id like to go but there are a few things to consider:

1)first class travel....she really wants to go first class.....we both have roblems on planes(long story) and first class would benefit us both to make it worthwhile

2)i was thinking europe?...we are getting married in december but i thought about planning it for the springtime

3)she loves beaches and i love exploring cities and different food and cultures etc....

any ideas of the top of anyones head.....this is is starting to get very stressful and it shouldn't but we have such different vacation philosophies i knew it'd be trouble....thanks for any ideas....i'm gonna call a travel agent in the am and see way they say....ryan

viva la revolucion !

Congrats, Ryan!
    Spain. Barcelona & St. Sebastian. You won't want to come back home.
    Though I could not caution all I still might warn a few; Don't raise your hand to raise no flag atop no ship of fools. - Robert Hunter

Portugal!

Over thinking it. Go to Greece, best of both worlds she gets the beautiful beaches and warm water she wants and you get the culture, cities and food you want. There is always Turkey also, amazing place to vacation with the same features as Greee.. Both places can be just as or more affordable than Europe and Hawaii.
    I haven't lived the life I wanted, just the lives I needed too at the time.

Spain, France, Italy...all great choices.

Never been to Greece, Turkey, or Portugal, but I would like to visit them all someday.

Mexico would be much less expensive and make for a shorter plane ride. Good beaches and good food too.

she said the one place she wouldn't go is mexico....have no idea why......we r two of them most undeceive people u'd ever meet....ryan

viva la revolucion !

You want a cool place to go that's close? Costa Rica should be at the top of everybody's list. They do have a rainy season that runs from May to mid-November so December would be perfect.

Engorged Member
    Belize, Puerto Rico

It can still be a bit chilly in most places in Europe in the spring, often hard to tell. Your best bet would be the Canary Islands for the weather and you can explore the Spanish hams while your wife is getting sunburned Barcelona and S. Sebastian were the first cities that popped into my mind also, both are beautiful and have halfway decent a city beach. Don't know S. Seb. that well but along the Spanish North-East coast you have tons of little beach towns and it's an easy train ride into Barcelona from most of them. Portugal may be a bit cheaper than Spain, I would go to the Algarve region there. Greece is an economic mess right now, I have no idea how that will affect the tourism industry a year from now. Never have been to Turkey but I hear it's nice, a bit more exotic than many other European places, reasonable in cost. Especially interesting if you like old cultural/historical things. But no matter where you go, first class treatment will hurt financially. Definitely in Hawaii, just the hotel costs are ridiculous.

Stefan

My coworker travels out of the country once a year or so and he is in love with the Dominican Republic. He said it was way cheaper to go there than alot of other places.

+ Reply to Thread