steelex waterstones - info?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mpukas

Reaction score
Was browsing Amazon, and came across steelex waterstones (apparently by Woodstock?). Never heard any mention of them around here (that I'm aware of). Anyone know anything about them or have any experience with them? Cheers! mpp

Was browsing Amazon, and came across steelex waterstones (apparently by Woodstock?). Never heard any mention of them around here (that I'm aware of). Anyone know anything about them or have any experience with them? Cheers! mpp

They are made by Suehiro and the 1200 is roughly equivalent to a King 1000, the 6000 is close to a King 6000 in performance. I started out with them, although I've since given them away to friends as I got other stones. I gave the 6000 to Lefty, maybe he'll read this and tell you more.

Rick

They are made by Suehiro and the 1200 is roughly equivalent to a King 1000, the 6000 is close to a King 6000 in performance. I started out with them, although I've since given them away to friends as I got other stones. I gave the 6000 to Lefty, maybe he'll read this and tell you more.

Rick

x2, though i didn't give my 6000 to Lefty, but to somebody else. :)

I have the 6000 and like it quite a bit. Though it's the only stone I've had in the grit range, I think it provides a really good feel. I'm a bit of a sharpening noob so I'd be interested in hearing from others their thoughts on how it compares to different ~6k stones.

That's the 6k I have as well. I actually like it quite a bit. Had the 220 as well but gave it away.

Back