• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

FS: Jnat Waterstone

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Tax and car issues force me to sell a few toys, DSLR and this has to go. I will try to provide everything I know about the rock, so if you questions, please ask.

When I got the stone, it had no markings but the guy said it was a kiita, however I don't know. I rate the stone around 3 maybe 3.5, so it's a final finisher for knives. My rating is simply an assumption based on 2 factors: how fast it creates mud and haze finish on german knives.

size: 202mm x 71mm x 19 to 22mm

It's a very cool looking stone, almost has wide kan rings but I could be wrong? I included all relevant pictures. It has 1 imperfection but I think it can easily be removed as it's around 1mm thick. I included a macro shot of it.

I would like $150 + $10 shipping in USA (insured). Outside the USA it's $150 + $30 shipping via priority mail (no insurance offered, there is a cheaper option available but no tracking).

I will offer a 72 hour inspection/return period for any reason - shipping costs.

Mud picture after about 30-45 seconds with Chinese 12k slurry stone

Thanks for looking:)

P1000042.jpg

P1000043.jpg

P1000044.jpg

P1000045.jpg

P1000047.jpg

P1000046.jpg

All I can say is why I haven't bought it.
1. Who is "the guy" and where did he get it from?
2. Is it any good? I don't normally drop that kind of cash on a stone unless I think it's gonna be awesome for something.

All I can say is why I haven't bought it.
1. Who is "the guy" and where did he get it from?
2. Is it any good? I don't normally drop that kind of cash on a stone unless I think it's gonna be awesome for something.

1. It's no one anyone would know. Just someone local here who been helping me learn how to sharpen.
2. I guess it's hard to define good since what is good? Is it fast? I am not 100% sure since I only have German knives to judge on. Hardness I think it's 3 or so based on how fast it slurries.

I do offer a 72hr inspection in case you change your mind.

I am no expert but I am willing to do some tests if needed:)

Last night, I spend almost 2 hours and almost broke my wrist removing the bad vein. It's done. It's pretty smooth now but the owner can finish it how he/she wants. Here are the closeups of the new condition

P1000097.jpg

P1000096.jpg

I think the problem with moving this is that several notable experts on jnats have instilled in the community here that jnats vary GREATLY from stone to stone, even within the same mine. The fact that you are not providing any kind of credible evidence that this is "a good one" is what is keeping people from dropping cash on it. You can get a reliably good synthetic for 1/2 the price.

I'm not trying to be rude, just trying to help by letting you know why it's still here. Maybe you can find a way to provide the assurance that it is a good performer, and someone will take the leap.
:dontknow:

I think the problem with moving this is that several notable experts on jnats have instilled in the community here that jnats vary GREATLY from stone to stone, even within the same mine. The fact that you are not providing any kind of credible evidence that this is "a good one" is what is keeping people from dropping cash on it. You can get a reliably good synthetic for 1/2 the price.

I'm not trying to be rude, just trying to help by letting you know why it's still here. Maybe you can find a way to provide the assurance that it is a good performer, and someone will take the leap.
:dontknow:

That's a fair statement. The problem is, I am not an expert so I rather not make statements I am not sure of. Is there is something I can provide, ask away :)

Back