Just found out about my day job...

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eamon Burke

Banned
Reaction score
...the company I work for is evaporating in a few weeks.

T minus 3 weeks until I am fully self employed again!
:knife::knife::knife:

Prayin it goes better this time!

:shots:
Just kidding.

I'm actually happy, but a bit nervous.

Anyone else got chaos in the job front??

Sorry to hear that. Hope you find a good job. I will try to send you some saya work soon. Prayin for ya.

Eamon, it'll be nerve racking but I know you can come out better for it. Try to look at it as a blessing in disguise. :)

Good luck! You're a smart, talented guy. I'm sure you'll make out even better now that you have this opportunity.

Eamon,
If you ever decide you want to do leather stuff, some of the worlds best crafters live right there in the DFW area and have one of the strongest guilds in the USA.

Just say the word and I'll get you CONNECTED!

PZ

Good luck Eamon, that sounds familiar although I had a much longer warning. But checking out university jobs takes forever, I am still interviewing - flying out to the mainland tonight, actually. I wish I had any skills that would allow me to work self-employed. Well, the skills I have are needed by the people who don't have money to pay me.... Good luck with your step into self-employment!

Stefan

Thanks guys. I'm a bit nervous, since I have a family, but not broken hearted. I cannot stand being employed, abd the timing on this is miraculous.

Stefan, your situation sounds murkier than mine...I hope you find the right university, and I hope its in dfw!

Best of luck Eamon. With hard work and perseverance a talented individual like yourself will do well.

And Stefan is landing a job in the North East!!!

my new workshop has been put onn hold for now so i know what all a shake up can mean
i wish you luck

Darn, DFW has been been doing better than a lot of places so I hope you find something new soon. Newspapers have not been fairing well here ether. They just layed off the rest of the art department here at the ST leaving me the last artist standing.

Yeah, the college I work at figured a full service catering company was lame, so we are being replaced by a subway. For real.

Back