OT: Where Do You Sit?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm old enough and I have broken my back twice. As sitting becomes a larger portion of my life, where I sit is more important.

I just ordered a new couch, but my office chair that I love is a vintage Eames Herman Miller office chair. I love it. Similar to the one in the photo below. Too lazy to take a photo.

k.

eames_herman.jpg

i have a Herman Miller Ergon 3, high back, at home. i have an inexpensive HM task chair at work that is adequate.

I use an Aeron in my home office...where I work and visit KKF.

LI_AER_P_20050615_002_D.jpg

I'm old enough and I have broken my back twice. As sitting becomes a larger portion of my life, where I sit is more important.

I just ordered a new couch, but my office chair that I love is a vintage Eames Herman Miller office chair. I love it. Similar to the one in the photo below. Too lazy to take a photo.

k.

i used to sit in one of those at a previous job. well, i actually sat in a bunch of them, as the casters kept breaking, and instead of just buying new casters, the office manager would just go grab a new one out of storage (we had something like 50 spare). they were comfy once broken in.

During the day I sit on a "saddle seat" saddleseat.jpg

Wish I had one at home. I find that it makes my back and posture much better.

I one day picked up a leather, full backed, plastic arm rest office chair that had a broken caster. There was 2 of them right by the trash can. I looked at them both and took the best one home. No tares, no discoloration. And it has lasted longer than the 3 walmart office chairs I have bought. I had a caster that fit from one of the walmart broken pieces of.... So free is good. can you tell what one I payed for?IMG_20120413_211146.jpg

No idea the maker of it.

We have an old chair from craigslist, but got a high desk, so I don't have to use it.

I would love a herman miller, heard they are a great company too.

Back