Quantcast
Ever fire someone and......
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ever fire someone and......

Charlotte, NC AKA The Queen City! The lint-filled belly button of the south.

Ever fire someone and......

The next day you're scared they're going to come and shoot you? Should've brought Mr glocky to work today. Hindsight is 20/20. At least I've got a fighting chance with some sharp knives :-)

Yeah; we had two people last year we fired, as both were letting their mental unstableness show more and more often. They both were very upset at being fired, and they both owned multiple guns. I'd say a few of us were on edge for a couple months...

wyoming, closer to nowhere than somewhere.
    ya same, you even look over your shoulder for a while. Scary feeling.

People ask me why I have a carry permit. See OP.

Yup.

Quote Originally Posted by knyfeknerd View Post
    The next day you're scared they're going to come and shoot you? Should've brought Mr glocky to work today. Hindsight is 20/20. At least I've got a fighting chance with some sharp knives :-)
    There's been a couple times I've contemplated smuggling my Mossberg semi-auto 12 gauge into work after hours and stashing it under one of the prep tables in a quick release rig... Some of our dishwashers lover the last year have been highly questionable...

Charlotte, NC AKA The Queen City! The lint-filled belly button of the south.
    Sweet. Made it home alive with no incident. This isn't the first time this has been an issue in my long illustrious glamorous career, but it's been a while. I'm definitely going to be packin' on Monday. It sucks to have to look over your shoulder, but that's yet another thing they don't teach you in culinary school.
    It kills me to have to deprive someone of a paycheck, but stealing liquor from a client's house on my watch(while you are secretly drinking their booze on the job at the same time) is a liability no one can dismiss. And in your mind, you've done nothing wrong and I'm the a55h0le.
    Now I've gotta watch my back.
    Managing people sucks. The most expensive and potentially disappointing aspect of any foodservice operation.

wyoming, closer to nowhere than somewhere.
    /agree

Quote Originally Posted by Crothcipt View Post
    /agree
    +1

America seems to have anger-issues or very much paranoia indeed. No offense.
    This has never been a problem at any of the places i've been. (I don't have as many years experience as you guys, but i've never seen or heard anything about this. And it seems to be quite normal judging by your replies)
    Worst we've had is drunken dudes with something to prove. Or people drinking at the job.