Quantcast
Should I laugh or cry?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Should I laugh or cry?

Should I laugh or cry?

Saturtday was my 5th Wedding Anniversary (how my wife made it this far is beyond me! I love you Sweetie Pie My wife got me an Induction cooker from Sears! Yippie, a 1500 watt job (had to search for that bit of info, it is only on the rating plate on the bottom, not on the box or instruction booklet) Thats the laugh part.

The cry part? My All-Clad LTD that are supposed to be induction rated, won't work on it!!!! So I grabbed a kitchen magnet, and sure enough no stickie

Luckily the unit came with a big saute pan (OK its non stick but beggars can't be choosers).

Did I get my wires crossed somewhere thinking that All-Clads were induction rated? Its a great reason to go get some carbon pans but the wife will not be happy
    Bert M.

Why?! Because footballs don't have wheels!

The LTD is aluminum on the outside. You want the SS.
    Spike C
    "The Buddha resides as comfortably in the circuits of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the top of a mountain."
    Pirsig

Happy Anniversary! Hope you have many more.

All-Clad stainless are induction capable. The LTD (anodized aluminum exterior) and Master Chef (plain aluminum) aren't. And watch out for stainless pans with aluminum bottoms - they probably aren't induction capable either. As you're aware, the best test is your kitchen magnet.

Sounds like a good reason to buy some Le Creuset.

we've had an issue with this the last few weeks. We picked up a 1500 W induction to use as a temporary 'stove', and several pots and pans I thought would be ok actually don't work worth a dang. The pisser was the big stock pot we use for cooking pasta; it has an aluminum disk sandwiched between stainless steel, and basically does not heat up. We now have to boil water in Le Crueset pots, which are a ***** to lug to/ clean in the corner sink in the laundry room, and saute/ fry main ly in a Lodge skillet. I was surprised at how many of our pots and pans do not work, as we assumed we'd only have issues with the old Calphalon anodized aluminum stuff.

I always heard that the LTD stainless interior enabled it for induction use. Obviously not I need to do some research

Thanks for the good wishes
    Bert M.

Bert, sorry, I have no experience with induction, but I did want to say....

Congratulations! I know of what you speak about the better half sticking with you, mine just shakes her head most of the time about me.

Mine is the best, she always comes up with stuff that surprises me. She truly wants me to have what ever my heart desires. It desires her!
    Bert M.

Congrats on the anniversary I am working on 4 years myself. I got the tramontia, tri-ply stainless, from Sams and they say they are induction rated. For something on the cheap I am sure you'll be pleased. They sell this line at walmart as well.

Quote Originally Posted by BertMor View Post
    Its a great reason to go get some carbon pans but the wife will not be happy
    Hi BertMor,

If you have a TJ Maxx near you check them out for induction compatible cookware. I have purchased several great pots and pans there, some were made by Kuhn Rikon, for short money!! Induction is definitely the way to go!!!

All of my All Clad stainless works on my induction cook top - except for the stock pot which has one of those aluminum pucks on the bottom.

I've also got a bunch of old Revere Ware that my Mother gave me when I was in college & I was surprised to find that none of it works on induction - so, not all stainless works

James