NKD ( Dave's SabRestomod awesomeness )

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

K-Fed

Reaction score
Dave posted plenty of pics of this beauty so I Don't have much to add there. The handle is beautifuly finished, everything is rounded/ polished. Not much to say, but wow.

The package was well packed, loaded with those annoying packing peanuts.

IMG_0103.jpg

I used the nearest thing I could grab on to, to tear into this thing. Pretty sure it was a screwdriver to bust into the tape then rip away like a kid on christmas. Inside what I found I didn't expect... a nice soft case for shipping/ storage. Pretty sweet. =)

IMG_0104.jpg

A grainy iPhone picture of the handle( can be seen in better quality on Dave's original post )

IMG_0105.jpg

Something that I wanted to share that is a bit lost in daves pics is how beautifully tapered the handle is. I requested that the handle be tapered out a bit toward the but end of the handle because stock Sabatier handle feel skinny to me, and that is exactly what I got. It feels d@mn near perfect.

IMG_0106.jpg

Another thing to note, for anyone that hasn't seen a well ground Sabatier is the distal taper on these things. It starts somewhere in the 4-5mm range right in front of the bolster( feels great to have something to grab onto with a pinch grip ) and rapidly tapers down to somewhere around 2mm and continues tapering to the tip. With the thinning/ regrinding that Dave bestowed on this beauty the distal taper near the tip has been improved to where the tip is whispy thin, much like the suisin/ konosuke gyutos that I've used.

IMG_0107.jpg

I love the way he used the wood grain at the butt end of the handle.

I missed the thread showing more of this knife and I couldn't find it with a search. I'd really appreciate a link. Thanks.

The best redone sabatier i ever seen and a nice touch the case .

Absolutely fabulous work, Dave! I love old Sabatiers, glad to see one looking brand new!

I was fondling the Sabatier this morning, and giving my 240mm konosuke HD gyuto a stropping and noticed that the tip on the sab is actually thinner than my konosuke. Impressive. The konosuke is on the right.

IMG_0111.jpg

Yeah, I've only seen four Sabs and every one of them was super thin on the tip half of the blade.

Wow, congrats on that knife and Dave, you never stop impressing.

Back