Interesting knife on eBay

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is also a forgecraft 10" chef on there for a very reasonable price if anyone is interested.

that guy is saying a'lot that's not there.
and it is pitted . a no go for me.

zLXT9.jpg
[/IMG]

He says the pitting comes from forging. Some of those look very bad. It also says it has a damascus pattern, I may be just not seeing it.

The pitting being from inclusions in the steel kind of makes sense and the damascus pattern looks to be from folding the steel -consistent with the steel being full of impurities. It's more visible near the heel. Wouldn't be a user would just be interesting to see as an early village blacksmith type knife.

Ok looking at some other pics, I did end up seeing damascus patterns. The handle looks well made too. A little love on it should be good.

I was the first bidder on it and then a bunch of guys looking for vintage knives to restore jacked up the price. lol I used to have one with the same makers mark I'm thinking it's closer to post civil war not early 1800's also judging by the bolster, handle and overall shape I think it was part of a set. carving set or multiple table knife set. it has that feel.

Look at what you started Son - All these people going their merry way and then "Bam" - "Hey guys fix up a couple of classics" and now you have a freakin' feeding frenzy for vintage knives. :angry1: :dazed: :knife:

I have actually worked myself out of a job a couple of times too. I never learn.lol

Haha, I had the feeling it was going to get bid beyond my reach, otherwise I'd have kept it to my self until it landed on my door mat.

Back