New gyuto

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Davis

Reaction score
Finished this one up and figured i would show a few pics. Blade is W2, 240mm, small hamon and cocobolo handle with blackwood ferrule and buttcap. Also has a cocobolo saya.
P1030865.jpg

P1030860.jpg

P1030871.jpg

Grind is pretty thin, with the spine sitting at about 2.1mm. What do you guys think?

My jaw literally just dropped at the knife. The handle is absolutely BEAUTIFUL and the blade looks amazing too.

Liking the profile and the materials a lot. +1 on a choil shot, what's the grind like?

that is absolutely stunning, Mike. The whole package works well together. Love the new logo as well. great job

Not normally a cocobolo fan, but love that particular piece of handle and saya.

Sorry i had to dig up the choil shot of it and upload it. I have learned a bit more since i made the last gyuto (Mark Farley's) this is officially my second....Hoping they keep improving, and that the new owner enjoys it :)
2012-04-18_23-38-05_79.jpg

Gotta work on those knifemaker hands. Yours don't look dirty enough. :)

Ha! That is after about 30 minutes of Fast Orange and a shower lol

Nice!!!! Really good looking cocobolo has gotten hard to find. I think that a lot of folks don't like it because all they ever see is the straight grained stuff, much the same as with some of the hard to get rosewoods. By the way, the knifemaker hands look okay. Good skin to scar tissue ratio.:biggrin:

Very nice looking knife Mike.

I have learned a bit more since i made the last gyuto (Mark Farley's) this is officially my second....Hoping they keep improving, and that the new owner enjoys it :)

I use my Gyuto all the time and it is a really good cutting knife.
I think you are one of the few who learns quickly and gets things right from the start..
Me, I figure out all the wrong ways to do something first, then I go on to doing things the right way.

Nice whats the price? Comparable to Bob Kramer I suspect. :stinker:
Na Bob just had a Auction last night-today. The petty and 9 or 10 inch (can't remember correctly) chefs knife went for 32k.

They looked sweet too. And now back to the regularly scheduled thread.

Thanks for the good words guys. Sorry i have been out of contact, i have been working my tail off and my whole family has been pretty sick this whole week. I am out in the shop today, trying to finish up a few more, and i will hopefully have some pictures of new ones up later tonight :D Thanks for looking
Mike

Back