Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 46

Thread: what's your most used knife ?

  1. #21
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    270
    I probably use my Watanabe Pro petty most often. That's because I'm most often just making a sandwich (actually, I guess I do use my bread knife more or less as often) or something quick & easy. When I'm doing bigger jobs, my Takeda nakiri is the workhorse. That will probably change when the Shigefusa gyuto gets in.

  2. #22

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,476
    The most used is my Hiromoto AS 240 semicustom by Dave. Its always within reach

    My DT 240 semicustom Marko is however my fav atm

  3. #23
    Senior Member Rotary's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Cleveland, OH
    Posts
    66
    As much as I hate to admit it, the one I keep reaching for is my 210 Ryusen Tsuchime Damascus. I just love the way the thing feels in my hand.

  4. #24
    Smarcus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    24
    270 Gyuto is my main knife. I use one 90% of the time and the other 10% is either a Honesuke or 285 Suji. The 2 gyutos I use most are use either a DT ITK 270 or a Nenox S1 Corian 270 with a slight edge going to the Nenox. My honesuke is a Tojiro DP and the suji is also a Nenox S1 Corian.

  5. #25
    Senior Member
    WildBoar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    NoVa
    Posts
    2,553
    Split between Dave M-rehandled/ sharpened Hiro AS 240 gyuto and DT ITK 240 stainless wa-handle. Pierre Rodrigue 150 petty also gets quite a workout. For my wife, it's the Pierre R. paring knife; if I let her, she would probably carve a brisket or turkey with it
    __________
    David (WildBoar's Kitchen)

  6. #26

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Rockport, TX
    Posts
    4,886
    Quote Originally Posted by WildBoar View Post
    Split between Dave M-rehandled/ sharpened Hiro AS 240 gyuto and DT ITK 240 stainless wa-handle. Pierre Rodrigue 150 petty also gets quite a workout. For my wife, it's the Pierre R. paring knife; if I let her, she would probably carve a brisket or turkey with it
    I know how that is!

    Men want a knife as big as the food, women want a knife as small as their hands. What can you do.

  7. #27
    Senior Member EdipisReks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Cincinnati, Oh
    Posts
    4,012
    i have my girlfriend using my 5.5inch Shun santoku, now. it's an improvement over her variety of paring knives. her mother cooks a lot, and it's all paring knives, including carving turkeys. i'll never get it.

  8. #28
    Senior Member Citizen Snips's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Posts
    452
    Konosuke 270 HD gyuto followed closely by the Konosuke 210 blue 2 mioroshi deba

  9. #29

    stereo.pete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    2,188
    My most used knife is my Fujiwara FKH 210mm Gyuto. The primary reason I use this every day is because I am still not as proficient in sharpening as I would like to be so I would rather beat on this knife than my higher end blades.



  10. #30
    The alleles created by mutation may be beneficial


    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Hampton Roads, VA
    Posts
    1,887
    CCK 1303, namely because I just got it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •