Quantcast
what's your most used knife ? - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: what's your most used knife ?

I probably use my Watanabe Pro petty most often. That's because I'm most often just making a sandwich (actually, I guess I do use my bread knife more or less as often) or something quick & easy. When I'm doing bigger jobs, my Takeda nakiri is the workhorse. That will probably change when the Shigefusa gyuto gets in.

The most used is my Hiromoto AS 240 semicustom by Dave. Its always within reach

My DT 240 semicustom Marko is however my fav atm

As much as I hate to admit it, the one I keep reaching for is my 210 Ryusen Tsuchime Damascus. I just love the way the thing feels in my hand.

270 Gyuto is my main knife. I use one 90% of the time and the other 10% is either a Honesuke or 285 Suji. The 2 gyutos I use most are use either a DT ITK 270 or a Nenox S1 Corian 270 with a slight edge going to the Nenox. My honesuke is a Tojiro DP and the suji is also a Nenox S1 Corian.

Split between Dave M-rehandled/ sharpened Hiro AS 240 gyuto and DT ITK 240 stainless wa-handle. Pierre Rodrigue 150 petty also gets quite a workout. For my wife, it's the Pierre R. paring knife; if I let her, she would probably carve a brisket or turkey with it

Quote Originally Posted by WildBoar View Post
    Split between Dave M-rehandled/ sharpened Hiro AS 240 gyuto and DT ITK 240 stainless wa-handle. Pierre Rodrigue 150 petty also gets quite a workout. For my wife, it's the Pierre R. paring knife; if I let her, she would probably carve a brisket or turkey with it
    I know how that is!

Men want a knife as big as the food, women want a knife as small as their hands. What can you do.

i have my girlfriend using my 5.5inch Shun santoku, now. it's an improvement over her variety of paring knives. her mother cooks a lot, and it's all paring knives, including carving turkeys. i'll never get it.

Konosuke 270 HD gyuto followed closely by the Konosuke 210 blue 2 mioroshi deba

My most used knife is my Fujiwara FKH 210mm Gyuto. The primary reason I use this every day is because I am still not as proficient in sharpening as I would like to be so I would rather beat on this knife than my higher end blades.

The alleles created by mutation may be beneficial

CCK 1303, namely because I just got it.