Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: what's your most used knife ?

Quote Originally Posted by stereo.pete View Post
    My most used knife is my Fujiwara FKH 210mm Gyuto. The primary reason I use this every day is because I am still not as proficient in sharpening as I would like to be so I would rather beat on this knife than my higher end blades.

My most-used knife is a Zwilling 4-Star for the same reason--I own some nicer blades, but feel like I should spare them until my sharpening skills improve!

My 210 Misono Moly is my most used. I get to sharpen it how and when I want and not feel too badly about it. I love how it feels and the sticky sharp feeling I get off of my 1k and (sometimes) some wet/dry. If I skip the wet/dry, I just strop on a phonebook, both inside and out.
    It gets scary sharp and holds it fairly well, but most importantly, it FEELS right.
    I love my petty and Misono Swede, but I find I use carbon more when the mood hits me. I intuitively reach for my Moly, even though the overall appeal is likely higher with my swede.
    I guess it's a comfort zone thing.

Dead heat between Masamoto 240 KS wa-gyuto and Suisin 210 Inox Honyaki wa-petty; for my wife, 3" Cutco parer.

Quote Originally Posted by Amon-Rukh View Post
    My most-used knife is a Zwilling 4-Star for the same reason--I own some nicer blades, but feel like I should spare them until my sharpening skills improve!
    awe comeon guys isnt that why you have those nice knives? Besides I hear there is some guy you can send your knives to who does a really good job sharpening them.. Dave something?.. thats what I do with my super high end knives

I usually use the Carving Knife to slice some meat of animals.

Quote Originally Posted by Roubo View Post
    Dead heat between Masamoto 240 KS wa-gyuto and Suisin 210 Inox Honyaki wa-petty; for my wife, 3" Cutco parer.
    You have great taste....your wife's is just like my girlfriend's, as she would rather use a Forschner serrated steak knife than the Global G2 that I passed on to her way back when.

I'm mostly using my Takeda 210 gyuto. I love the way it cuts, and the obvious hand work that went into it makes me feel connected to the maker.
    Spike C
    "The Buddha resides as comfortably in the circuits of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the top of a mountain."
    Pirsig

At the moment, it's my Butch Harner nakiri. If a sujihiki made by him is a "Butchihiki", then I guess this is a "Butchikiri"?

Quote Originally Posted by SilverHaze420 View Post
    awe comeon guys isnt that why you have those nice knives? Besides I hear there is some guy you can send your knives to who does a really good job sharpening them.. Dave something?.. thats what I do with my super high end knives
    Stop that! My house of cards is flimsy enough without you hammering all over it with that cold, hard logic of yours!

But seriously, it is high time for a change! :biggrin2:

Bob Kramer 9" chef's knife. Sweet.
    It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.